• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Training advice needed

Horsehat

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Doulus tou Theou
114   0
Reaction score
I have a leadership position in a mid size, 200 in worship attendance, church. We have decided to develop and implement a security plan including a security team for response to threat situations. We need to know what type of training these individuals would need and the best way to facilitate that training. We have property that could be used for live fire if training all at once is feasible. I am looking for advice from those in the industry who are qualified to teach this type of course and advise us on other security solutions we may have overlooked. Thanks for your help.

I have a leadership position in a mid size, 200 in worship attendance, church. We have decided to develop and implement a security plan including a security team for response to threat situations. We need to know what type of training these individuals would need and the best way to facilitate that training. We have property that could be used for live fire if training all at once is feasible. I am looking for advice from those in the industry who are qualified to teach this type of course and advise us on other security solutions we may have overlooked. Thanks for your help.
There are some instructors around the Atlanta and North Ga area who offer classes for instruction. I would start with as basic as needed for those volunteers you line up. Then I would consider having an instructor come out and train them on site with a particular class on room clearing and active shooter response.

There are a few instructors in the Rome or north ga area that could help. It will cost the church some money, but it will be funds well spent. You might take up a special offering specifically for the training of your volunteer security group. I would make all volunteers go through the courses even those that are LEO's, SWAT, or Special Ops trained individuals, so that they all learn each others skill level and how to work together.

Check the trainers here in ODT.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom