• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Transferring a suppressor

dondon48

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
120   0
Reaction score
When transferring from individual to individual, how do you deal with possession once money has changed hands and paperwork sent to BATF? I have two I'm going to be listing and want the buyer to feel their investment is safe. Both are held in a trust if that makes a difference.

Its your's & you own it, even though he paid for it, and your responsibility untill the transfer goes through.
So you keep it untill then.
Just went through this on a personal item

When transferring from individual to individual, how do you deal with possession once money has changed hands and paperwork sent to BATF? I have two I'm going to be listing and want the buyer to feel their investment is safe. Both are held in a trust if that makes a difference.
Whatcha selling? If they were the only items in the trust - or even if not - you could add the buyer as a trustee and let them walk with it.

I did it on good faith and a piece of paperwork that we both signed, but really once that ATF paperwork comes back the original owner I’m sure doesn’t have long to relinquish ownership since the transfer has occurred

Whatcha selling? If they were the only items in the trust - or even if not - you could add the buyer as a trustee and let them walk with it.
giphy.gif

Some dealers will hold the item and the money and help get the paperwork sent in for the transfer. Upon approval, they will give them the item and you the money and everybody is secured as much as one can be.

Back
Top Bottom