• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Transmission flush vs drain & fill, opinions wanted

While dex 6 supersedes any dexrons previous to it, Id run 3 if thats what you’ve been using. You’re always safe to run the oem type. But changing to synthetic at 210k might be risky. You can get dex 3 all day at walmart.
Walmart is nearby, so I’ll see what they’ve got on the shelf. Napa is 15 mins further.
Online I see Castrol, Mobile, Valvoline, and then some others that aren’t as expensive. Eventually found some AC Delco Dex 3 on Amazon for $15/qt.
Thanks for your advice.

0681F5EE-129F-47EF-8495-1A44EB0A48DD.png

Drain plug is seized. Don’t want to totally mess up the bolt head. Should I try it hot or find a pro?
I'd buy a new drain plug and after you get it in then put the heat and some force to it.
I'd just make sure to be going counter clockwise. I broke off a bleeder and bought a couple calipers that way once.

Searched and found these drain plugs don’t come out easily - numerous threads about this very thing.
Most just drop the pan. Have to unbolt the exhaust at 2 points, unbolt Torx or bend the shifter cable bracket, remove pan and it’s 17 bolts. May as well change the filter too.
Think I’ll find a shop to do this.

Back
Top Bottom