• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trappers sharing information and experiences. Oct. 7th, 2017

Trapper

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
90   0
Reaction score
I will be running a get together with up to 10-12 people at my home in Bogart, Ga. ( Athens) in October around the first Sat., OCT. 7th. I will be showing how I prepare my traps for the next season and also what I use as my primary sets. Plus what equipment I use and how I have evolved over the last 60 years to keep the spirit alive. I would like to get newbies as well as experienced trappers that are willing to share their knowledge with others. I have never done this before, as trappers generally will only pass along simple information. I was taught by an experienced trapper, and I was lucky enough to have the ability to absorb what I was taught, but I had to be shown with hands on to be able to do it myself with confidence. If you have an interest, send me an email with name and contact number and I will contact you myself to confirm. I can only do a certain amount of people cause of my property size, but I will put up a canopy and as many folding chairs as I have. Bring your own chairs, water, soft drinks and leave egos at home. No guns or alcohol obviously, but a good way to share knowledge. There is no charge for sharing knowledge. Just bring an need to share or learn. Let me know. I am open for suggestions for what you want to learn and get more knowledge on.
Trapper Glatzer
trappernga@gmail.com

I spent an hour or more talking to Trapper one day at a trade. He shared a bunch of trapping knowledge just in casual conversation and I realized there's a lot I don't know and a lot I want to know! If I could commit to coming I would, as I'm sure the folks that do attend will walk away well educated. He's a great guy on top of that.

Back
Top Bottom