• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trash vs Recycle vs Reload ?

DMGun

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
Hello all,
For years I have tossed my brass in a bucket. Now I have a hodgepodge of everything and I don't know what is Good, Scrap or Crap.

Someone please give me some guidelines of what to go ahead and trash or scrap. I also need to know the going rate for brass, so I can ask a reasonable amount for the reloadable stuff..

- Aluminum pistol... Scrap?
- Shotgun shell hulls... Scrap or Trash?
- Brass pistol in 9mm, 38, 357, 40, 45. What do people reload?
- Brass rifle in 223 308. Some Good / Scrap Berdan primed?
- Russian 7.62 and 5.45... Scrap ?

Thanks for your time in reading and replying.

trash all steel & aluminum.....Berdan primed, scrap..(some people try and convert, but most reloaders don't do this)
we reload all brass......
Hulls...I keep all high brass & give to buddies......

trash all steel & aluminum.....Berdan primed, scrap..(some people try and convert, but most reloaders don't do this)
we reload all brass......
Hulls...I keep all high brass & give to buddies......
this, except the shotgun because its simply not worth reloading imo.

Shotgun hulls = trash. Sporting clays courses have truck loads of them and they go right into the dumpster. If someone wants them, good, give them to them, unless they are once fired premium hulls -AA, ATA, and so on. Wally World value packs load fine but there is no market for the hulls.

Non-reloadable brass and alum = trash. Most scrap dealers will not buy due to risk of unfired primers or rounds.

Berdan primed = there is a very small market. Really not worth the time.

On "good" brass, market price depends on the same the things that determine the market price of anything else -- how badly does some want it. Depends on caliber, condition. maker. quantity and so on.

Back
Top Bottom