• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Travel by Vehicle through New England to Canada

Camohead

Default rank <500 posts
Consumable Conservation Czar
8   0
Reaction score
In a few weeks I'm driving from Monroe to Petersburg, VA to Boston to Portland, ME to Bar Harbor and into Canada to Saint John New Brunswick for a couple of days.

Checking on the possibility of carrying my CCW into Canada it became obvious that I am not going to chance trying to cross the border packing.

However, the thought of travelling through New York City, Philly, Boston etc. without my constant companion is not something I want to do.

How/ where can I store my handgun and ammo for a couple of days, probably in Maine?

Anyone with experience?

Most New England states aren't very gun friendly...and forget about bringing any firearm into Canada!!
Heck, even a NY CCW permit isn't valid in Metro NYC counties. And NJ won't even let ya pump your own gas. :)
Better plan on leaving it at home.

Fly. And I hate flying commercial, but that is better than trying to drive up the East Coast.

No you can't carry.

Avoid Maryland if you drive.

Has anyone ever stored a firearm in a safety deposit box? Wonder if it's a federal offense? It wouldn't walk away but it would be odd getting one & closing it within a few days.

Avoid Maryland if you drive.

Has anyone ever stored a firearm in a safety deposit box? Wonder if it's a federal offense? It wouldn't walk away but it would be odd getting one & closing it within a few days.

I know guys who keep transferable machine guns in safety deposit boxes. Nothing illegal about having a gun in a bank.

Back
Top Bottom