• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traveling to Maryland with a "Firearm"

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/maryland.pdf

Don't do it.

123.jpg
1234.jpg

I recently traveled from Ga to Maine. I went through Tn, West Va, MD, NY, Vt, NH, Maine, then back down through Ma, Ct, Rhode Island, Md, Delaware, Va, NC, SC. I only traveled "through" the unfriendly gun states and didn't stop in any of them. Except Ct for a quick stop at Colt Firearms.

I made a point to only carry revolvers with me (3 of them), instead of semi autos like I normally do. I have a lockable box in my camper that I would put the 3 revolvers in and another lockable box in my truck that I locked the ammo in. Before entering one of the unfriendly ones, I would stop, unload and lock them up. And as soon as I left the commie state, I rearmed. I didn't like doing it, but in order to travel through those states and be legal, it's what we had to do.

Reactions: JWC
Even if you got an official answer from LE in MD, how would you know whether or not they knew what they were talking about?:mmph:
It would take Government Officials (LE/ATF) days or weeks to determine that. I think they hire the most incompetent applicants. :wacko:

Someone is awfully bitter about not passing the civil service test. Must have been picked on a lot in school to be so angry decades later.

Reactions: JWC
I'd go ahead and start a new thread now since it's difficult to get on the PC from jail.

"Georgia Man Arrested in Maryland for Sawed Off Shotgun"

Might want to practice how quickly you can get to your firearm in the trunk and load said firearm with ammunition that is locked in another area...just sayin....

According to stats I found online Maryland. gov and Wikipedia you have a 1in11 chance of being the victim of a violent crime in MD and about 2.6 police officers per 1000 people.
In 2015 there were 212,623 total arrests and a 52.3% increase in the murder rate from the previous year with a 1% drop in total number of police.
I suggest you stay away!

Back
Top Bottom