• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traveling to South Carolina

Gimmeguns

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
Thinking about swinging by Palmetto State Armory in Greenville, SC while I'm in the area. Can you buy and take a long gun from the store or does it have to be shipped to GA?

I tried to to do same thing, and they said no, had to be shipped to FFL. The 2 stores that I visited were kinda crappy, but I didn't go to Greenville. Not sure where their big, mail order warehouse is, but I ended up buying online. Not impressed at all with their retail operations.

You can buy a long gun just NOT an AR15 in SC. From what I was told at the Greenville store, when they assemble AR's they transfer just like a stripped lower which cannot be purchased by an out of state resident. Also my experience shopping there is that they only have a fraction of the items in stock that are on the website and sometimes the prices are different. Good place to buy sunglasses though! lol

Yeah, I bought a HK USC 45 Carbine there and took it home. Be prepared for higher prices in the store front though, compared to online.

I'm not aware of any South Carolina law that restricts residents of other states from buying LONG GUNS there, from an FFL dealer whose biz is located in SC.

If it's a long gun (not a handgun) and if there are no laws against doing this in either South Carolina or Georgia then the federal law will not criminalize it either. The feds defer to states' laws on interstate transfers from an FFL to a visiting nonresident.

If P.S.A. won't do it, it's probably their company policy or maybe a policy forced upon them by their liability insurance company, but not a law.

Back
Top Bottom