• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

treasury direct.com

View attachment 1871039 Another view on bonds
Start at bottom you see how what fixed rate “was” in 1998 and said rate progressively decreased I didnt include last few years
Inflation component changes
Hmmm ya so perhaps the ibond is better since it adjust for inflation. I dont mind 5 or 10 year cds or bobds, but 30 is a long time. Part of me would want to throw it into a stock of a company that repurchases with dividends but I suppose same principle

I am no expert , I started with very little and through very careful management still have very little.

However, its certainly a good parking spot for “safe” money.

Good solid blue chip stocks with reasonable dividends are a good spot as well as dividends are taxed less than regular income (for those of us who pay taxes).

Beware of value traps , stocks that have very high dividends that seem too good to be true....

I am no expert , I started with very little and through very careful management still have very little.

However, its certainly a good parking spot for “safe” money.

Good solid blue chip stocks with reasonable dividends are a good spot as well as dividends are taxed less than regular income (for those of us who pay taxes).

Beware of value traps , stocks that have very high dividends that seem too good to be true....
Solid advice; for dividend repurchase I would pick a safe company that pays out lower quarterly if possible

There are a # of companies where you can invest directly with said company and have a DRIP account

Dividend reinvestment plan

AFLAC is an example of a GA company (not recomending just comes to mind).

Back
Top Bottom