• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

treasury direct.com

I has an idea you guys

Starting in January im gonna invest 1k each into 3 separate mediums and see which does better by end of year

Im looking at doing a tnote or bond through treasurydirect

Im going to drop 1k intk a drip account

Im going to purchase 1k of something in bulk and resell; all revenue from sales would be directed into an online savings account which earns a low 1%apr

I'm interested in how T Bills perform as a short term parking spot for a few K.

chucklenut chucklenut , for what it's worth, Goldman Sachs online, (Marcus), is paying 2.05% on saving accounts right now.

Anyone interested in forming an investment club to play with a few k in these types of no / very low risk investments ?

I'm interested in how T Bills perform as a short term parking spot for a few K.

chucklenut chucklenut , for what it's worth, Goldman Sachs online, (Marcus), is paying 2.05% on saving accounts right now.

Anyone interested in forming an investment club to play with a few k in these types of no / very low risk investments ?
I have a 2.16 (but pays out 2.21%) savings with cibc (Canadian bank but their us branch).

ri checked today about the bill purchase because the issue date is today

I paid 199.69 for a 200 dollar face value tbill (already made 31 cents lol) and the interest rate is like 2.4%

I see Vio is offering 2.35 and seems to have good reviews, may move my emergency $ there. Plus only $100 min.

How does 2.21 work from a 2.16 rate, intrigued :)

Maybe the best return on investment is to buy a Dremel, soldering iron and a few Glocks ?

Solid advice; for dividend repurchase I would pick a safe company that pays out lower quarterly if possible

I'm a big fan of DRIPs in solid companies, in my case a utility in a hot (growing area) of the country. The stock itself isn't going to show the appreciation of some hot stock, but it's not going to go bust either. As a regulated enterprise, the dividend is essentially guaranteed.

I've had this one DRIP since 1970- I went years where I didn't have money to put into it, but it still kept growing. Thing about reinvesting dividends, you get a compounding effect which you don't get with gov't securities.

Also, a DRIP lets you take advantage of dollar cost averaging. In simple terms, if the stock price goes down, you get to buy more stock, which means more dividends. I almost hate to see the stock price go up.

Speaking of gov' securities, my father died and left some U.S. Bonds to my mother, and then she died, and they came to me. 30 year Carter era bonds @ 16%. That quarterly check was nice, and of course I was guaranteed all the principal when they pay out.

Back
Top Bottom