• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tree rats

TheGman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
221   0
Reaction score
Well they are persistent.
I have patched and repaired this Moultrie feeder over the past three years. Metal trash can lid for a top as they chewed through original top.
Next chewed through side so I used aluminum flashing. Now chewed through flashing.

3CB16B62-909A-47AF-9EB2-74A760710DF0.jpeg

Well they are persistent.
I have patched and repaired this Moultrie feeder over the past three years. Metal trash can lid for a top as they chewed through original top.
Next chewed through side so I used aluminum flashing. Now chewed through flashing.

View attachment 2672897
They are destructive little critters!

If you are putting corn in the feeders this time of year stop. Put soybeans or a pelletized protein feed. Tree rats don't like them as much. Also corn is not good for them this time of year. The need high protein in the summer for antler growth and milk production.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you are putting corn in the feeders this time of year stop. Put soybeans or a pelletized protein feed. Tree rats don't like them as much. Also corn is not good for them this time of year. The need high protein in the summer for antler growth and milk production.

I know that corn is a carb , there’s lots of other food in the area however I appreciate the suggestion. Will they eat the pelletized protein feed off the ground? I had some that became wet and rancid quickly.
Soybeans is a good idea how much are they a bag? Any idea?

Thanks

I buy soybeans by the supersac they are 1500 lbs. I have been using Record Rack Professional lately and it holds up pretty good to moisture. The deer love it. This video is with Record Rack.

Back
Top Bottom