• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tree Removal, is this a thing?

moose3840

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
132   0
Reaction score
I have a huge Red Oak I need removed. It is too close to the house. Have another one which has already fallen in the last month or so. Being cheap and the fact paying for this removal would cut into my gun buying money. Is or are there any of the firewood suppliers (who are insured) who would remove the tree in exchange for the wood?
The thought makes sense to me. But then a lot of things that do, garner strange looks from others.

Reactions: (M)
my last tree removal he told me that they actually have to pay $100 for the truck to come by to pick up the logs on the street.

It used to be free but there are so many trees.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Tree companies wont do it free. Probably wont do it for less than $1k depending on all the variables. What you need is an individual who does it on the side. Ask around. They’re out there. He can at least drop the tree for you and then leave you to worry about the cleanup. Had a guy drop a monster oak 38” base for $400. That included climbing and topping out before dropping. It was roughly 50 ft from the house.

I had 2 100 foot trees that I took down over looking my neighbors house, I paid $700 for the 1st tree it was dead, the second time around the tree company said that if I left the wood on my property they would only charge me $350, plus cut down any other tree's I wanted cut down for free. I used North Tree company.

Back
Top Bottom