• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tree saddle hunting?

sambo77

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
141   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience hunting out of a tree saddle? I've been thinking of getting one, currently I use a summit climber in most cases, but I've ran into the issue of the tree I want to be in is too small for my climber, I'm not a huge fan of lock on stands, I'll hunt out of them but they aren't my favorite to set up and and maneuverability while shooting out of one. I would love to hear some feedback on hunting out of one.

Definitely sub’d for some info on this. Looks to me like it’d cost about $800 to be fully setup to saddle hunt. Equipment, sticks, etc. The Tethrd stuff adds up quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely sub’d for some info on this. Looks to me like it’d cost about $800 to be fully setup to saddle hunt. Equipment, sticks, etc. The Tethrd stuff adds up quick.

Thats the ones I've looked in to getting.

Mostly looking for a quick and light set up for wma hunting. That 30 pound summit gets pretty heavy after a while. Can't imagine carrying up a mountain or long distance.

Did you use it and not like it?
I had it for years and up to the time I sold it was just too darned fat to use it and do much tree climbing. I’d sold my gatts a couple of yrars ago. I’ve since lost about 50 pounds and kinda wished I’d kept it. They are comfortable, super easy to carry in and set up. I’d def go with the climbing sticks as opposed to the spurs we used to use. Mine was a Greens tree saddle, a friend of mine years back was a part owner of the company and got me a deal on it.

I had it for years and up to the time I sold it was just too darned fat to use it and do much tree climbing. I’d sold my gatts a couple of yrars ago. I’ve since lost about 50 pounds and kinda wished I’d kept it. They are comfortable, super easy to carry in and set up. I’d def go with the climbing sticks as opposed to the spurs we used to use. Mine was a Greens tree saddle, a friend of mine years back was a part owner of the company and got me a deal on it.

Definitely not for out of shape people. With all the straight trees we have in GA I see. I need for one. Not to mention, my nuts breathe alot better in a summit than a harness.

Does anyone have any experience hunting out of a tree saddle? I've been thinking of getting one, currently I use a summit climber in most cases, but I've ran into the issue of the tree I want to be in is too small for my climber, I'm not a huge fan of lock on stands, I'll hunt out of them but they aren't my favorite to set up and and maneuverability while shooting out of one. I would love to hear some feedback on hunting out of one.

I saddlehunt. I don't have the jx3 but I have a tethered and the eberhart saddle. I also have a couple sets of sticks and a set of primal steps. The sticks are the way to go but get good ones. Good ones are expensive. My hawks kicked out on me once with my hand behind my tether. It was not a good day. Hit me up if you want to try out a set up and see what you like. Wouldn't mind trying out the jx3 if you get one. Always been interested.

Check out eastern woods outdoors for sticks. Expensive but you will save money in the long run because you'll end up there anyway. Just my2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom