• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tree saddle

I have an aluminum summit that I’ve used for 10+ years and love it but I’d like to try a saddle before buying one.

If you’re ever in the Rome/Summerville area, you’re welcome to try mine. I’ve got several Summits. It’s not as comfortable as sitting in it, but much more versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A question for you guys that use climbing sticks, how much total weight are u really gaining by using a saddle set up instead of an ultralight hang on? A helium hang on is 11 lbs. A Thetred saddle weighs 2.5 lbs. lineman’s belt 1lb, 3 beaners 1 lb, tree teather 1lb. Platform 4 lbs. If you hunt with a platform your at 9lbs. If you use a ring of steps you can get down to 7, but the ring of steps SUCK. IMHO with a saddle comfort is not there, there is more unneeded movement in a saddle, and you are handicapping yourself by not being able to shoot off your weak side in many cases. I have seen guys who can shoot off their weak side, but many can’t. I have hunted out of a saddle many times, but the day I bought a Hawk Helium I sold the saddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom