• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tree services don't want small jobs I guess?

I'm not in your area so I can't help with recommendations. We had a large sweetgum removed two weeks ago. It wasn't cheap.

However, I'd never seen such an impressive operation. They used a skid steer with attachment to haul the 6' logs out. Just removed a portion of the privacy fence and put plywood down on the front lawn to prevent damage.

We have a separate fenced in area for the dogs inside our privacy fence. They didn't damage the house, the dog's run fence, privacy fence or the yard. I was impressed. Kept eight guys employed for 3.5 hours.

You can see the stump from a security cam picture. If you look closely you can see my golden retriever above the stump.

Screenshot_20220914-141543_Home.jpg

If I didn't have to worry about hitting my neighbors house or mine I'd just chop it down myself lol. But it's a biggun and I don't want to have to explain that to my insurance :lol:

I'm not in your area so I can't help with recommendations. We had a large sweetgum removed two weeks ago. It wasn't cheap.

However, I'd never seen such an impressive operation. They used a skid steer with attachment to haul the 6' logs out. Just removed a portion of the privacy fence and put plywood down on the front lawn to prevent damage.

We have a separate fenced in area for the dogs inside our privacy fence. They didn't damage the house, the dog's run fence, privacy fence or the yard. I was impressed. Kept eight guys employed for 3.5 hours.

You can see the stump from a security cam picture. If you look closely you can see my golden retriever above the stump.

View attachment 4731437
Nice. Yeah that's kind of a similar set up. It's a large older pine, back right corner of the yard by the fence. Neighbor's house on the right. I told them I was fine if they needed to take the fence down or whatever they needed to do. It was more a cost of operation vs how much they'd charge me issue I guess. One of the guys said "my diesel bill was $34k last month so it's not worth it for one tree, you're better off getting a small company that is willing to climb it and top it down over the back part of the property" not even haul it off or anything. I'm willing to pay what it costs them so that's not the issue, I think they just have bigger fish to fry in this area.

I've gotten a few good recommendations from members here so hopefully it works out.

I have a similar problem with some leyland cypress if anyone knows of someone in the lilburn lawrenceville Snellville area.
We always used Pinnacle in Lawrenceville. Great crews, outstanding work. Had him take down 20+ pines for us and remove a downed oak off MIL’s house.

Quality tree work ain’t cheap. Just don’t try to cheap out and hire some toothless guy in a battered pickup.
And verify they’re insured before they set foot on your property.
Yeah that's why I called the top two big well knows companies here. They're the ones telling me to call up Cletus with his pickup truck and chainsaw no license/insurance lol. I was willing to pay but they didn't want to do it. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom