• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tree services don't want small jobs I guess?

I only needed trimming done on the tall but ****ty water oaks that grow around here.... a few tree services didn't respond or said no. They all seemed busy with bigger and better jobs, so I don't blame them. Twisted Tree service from Macon area did it for $900 and I think I just got lucky when I called they had another big job that got delayed a day.

edit... I see the ******* auto censor of all the ***** curse words LOL

Personally, I would hire a reputable tree company.
Good luck with your adventure, check back in an let us know how it goes.
That's easier said than done. If a reputable company had been willing to do it then it would have been done already. I think that's kind of the point of the whole thread. I will get it done myself because, thankfully, it's a fairly simple job and because no one from "a reputable tree company" was willing to come out and look at it because it's a relatively small job.

Just do some research first, my aunt's second husband died cutting down trees clearing land to build a cabin on the back of his property. Had three trees that were intertwined up top. Cut number one nothing, cut number two nothing, cut number three, tree came for him, he jumped out of the way and got crushed by tree #2.... while my aunt watched.
That's a good point.

ETA - I've been frustrated with stuff like this. Sorry for derailing.

That's easier said than done. If a reputable company had been willing to do it then it would have been done already. I think that's kind of the point of the whole thread. I will get it done myself because, thankfully, it's a fairly simple job and because no one from "a reputable tree company" was willing to come out and look at it because it's a relatively small job.
Sorry, it was not my intent to offend.
Just trying to save you a possible trip to the ER.
Again, good luck with project.

With all due respect, you’re dealing with a segment of the population that is largely unemployable. They’re not looking for jobs if they got cash and/or drugs for the weekend. Buy the gear and do it yourself. You can learn their career over the course of hours.

Lol. Just have your wife film so you can post it on Arboristfails. This is such an ignorant comment.

Sure, Cletus and his buddies. Haven’t seen that with reputable companies & climbers. Climbing is the high.

I’d pass on scaling a 50ft pine, unexperienced. Slid down one tree about 10 ft a few years ago, I said **** that!
Yes, I learned a valuable lesson about climbing a pine with pole climbing gaffs. Or attempting to, I should say.

Agreed. It was supposed to be exaggerated to hyperbole and funny but it didn't turn out looking that way.
10 years in the industry ISA certified arborist owner operator of a small outfit. We make it look easy because it's our trade no different than any other. Every industry has low life's. I'd check your self before you wreck yourself though. Sorry you're having trouble OP.

Back
Top Bottom