• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trespassers on Private Property

Obviously not at 3am.....

But "Shoot them" is a fear of mine because we roll pass posted no trespassing signs probably a dozen times a week delivering safes, some of these backwood addresses are extremely hard to find.Soooooo I'm always super cautious when rolling up on someones land and I always try to double check using my phone as well.

IMG_1780.JPG

The fact that i came running to their truck within 10 seconds, i doubt they will be back.if so they will be held at gunpoint. Ive made a police report, they would be a foraure threat coming twice.

Late to the conversation, but I'm curious as to how you are going to "hold someone at gun point" that doesn't want to be held? What if they say "f" you and back down the drive way to leave? Are you prepared to shoot them to keep them from leaving? Are you prepared to explain how you used deadly force on someone who at that moment presented no threat to you?

Are you prepared to engage in a gunfight with someone who arguably has been threatened with deadly force, and feels that they have the right to defend themselves?

All of the macho men (and women) here need to understand that simply being on someone's property without permission is not a crime in Georgia. It's not a criminal act. It doesn't matter how many signs you have, or what kind of fences you put up. So being as it's not a criminal act, you have no right to implement a "citizen's arrest."

Jump to 9:50 then 12:22 for psycho property owner's reaction to a trespassing deputy sheriff. In broad daylight too. No telling what he was up to.

I read half the responses. The rare times I have felt threatened at my house, first I keep eyes on the suspicious people, second, I call the police, third I make sure I pick up and extra weapon or two or have someone bring me one. You can run around my property in the dark, but god help you if you try to gain entrance to my house and family. I'll let the police confront them first every time if possible. I don't ever want to be in a shooting situation if I have any other options.

A long piece of timber across the road buried with large nails, that can be flipped over in the daytime might slow them down and they have to buy all new tires. Once they come past the no trespass signs, it's on them. A trail camera and driveway alarm with a tripwire for flood lights in addition.
I would love to see their faces after that.

This....

I probably would have called 911 first, especially that time of morning & that far up a private drive.
It's kind of hard for a private citizen to justify shooting 2 people just for being parked in your driveway.
If they made a threatening gesture or statement, maybe a jury would buy that, but if I'm on that jury I'm going to need to hear more than just "it's my property & I have the right to shoot trespassers"...
Edit: especially if the shooter had posted on the Internet that he felt he had the right to shoot trespassers.
i never said anything about shooting anybody. i said that cwp holders should be able to hold trespassers at gunpoint if needed, until police arrive.

Back
Top Bottom