• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trespassing while Fishing question

If the DNR stocks it, good luck keeping the public out.

Access to navigable waters is a basic human right that predates all modern nations.

Trespassers? I only know 3 by name, two are game wardens and one is a Ga county Sheriff (not deputy, the AHJ). Doubt any of them will enthusiastically enforce laws they themselves ignore.

I have done a lot of kayaking/canoeing on the Cartecay river in Ellijay. Some of the home owners on either side of the river...hate kayakers. I have heard of people's dogs chasing kayakers in the river.

E4FCA60E-D85B-47A4-9792-98DA1EDCC11B.jpeg
I’ve had it with all the bicycle riders!

Why are you goin full Nazi on people fishin. Unless they are trashin it up why not let em.
Man o' man..... trespassing for deer hunting or horseback riding or nekkid hiking is one thing.....gettin in a man's fishing hole? Somebody's gonna git kilt.

In the Georgia Water Quality Act, O.C.G.A. § 12-5-22.(13)

(13) "Waters" or "waters of the state" means any and all rivers, streams, creeks, branches, lakes, reservoirs, ponds, drainage systems, springs, wells, and all other bodies of surface or subsurface water, natural or artificial, lying within or forming a part of the boundaries of the state which are not entirely confined and retained completely upon the property of a single individual, partnership, or corporation.

Sounds you need to set up a private shooting range and go target shooting. Make sure to have a good backstop. Your side of the river bank might have enough rise for a short pistol range.
Replace 3 stand fence with barbed wire. Tractor supply has it cheap.
Putting one strand of barbed wire over metal netting fence kept my Great Pyreneses from hopping the fence and inside.

Back
Top Bottom