• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trickle and ammo bags

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I purchased a Frankfort Arsenal powder trickle and that thing weighs a ton. Very nice piece. I also bought 500 4 mil thick 4x6 zip lock bags to store reloads in. They are perfect for 50 to 100 round storage and cost a hell of a lot cheaper than the MTM plastic boxes. Regular ziplock bags are 1.5 mil and these are 4 mil. I think I paid 14 bucks for 500. Excellent price for storage.

The couple de gra is that Frankfort Arsenal powder trickle. The tube is not angled like the others. It's level and uses rifling for the lack of a better word or threaded if you will. That way only a little comes out at a time. Thing must weigh at least 2 lbs. Stable and very well made. Now just waiting a few more goodies.

I was looking for a case trimmer. Turn out the Lee single stage press I bought years ago has one in it. AL I have to buy is the quick trim dies for each caliber. They are about 15 bucks a die but are extremly quick. You just put the shell in the shell holder ( same one for resizing and projectile seating ) and turn the handle that was provided with the a system. Three or four rotations and it is done. Slide it out and slide in another. It's very quick. There are no adjustments it auto sizes at the minimum length. Takes about 5 seconds per case.

This little Lee single stage system has it drawbacks compared to multi stage jobs but has a lot of up side that make it quick for what it is. Case prep is slow except for the case sizing it's a snap. All the dies have a adaptor you set up once. It just sets in the press and a half rotation and a spring loaded plunger a snaps up and the die is set. Very quick install and removal of each die.

These are nice if you have a drill press etc.

These are nice if you have a drill press etc.
Nice. I qas going to buy a trimmer off here but I got to looking at my whole system and it provides the trimmer you just have to buy the individual case dies individually. It's just a rotating knob that slides down in the top of the die you are using. Each die has a collar so you only have to adjust the die one time. They give you a good many with the kit but you end up having to buy a few more to marry to each die. Once you put the shell in the holder you pull down the press handle and rotate the knob a few times and it's good to go. Very, very quick. Even though I am running a single stage press every little short cut helps. However, I take my time and I am very meticulous when it comes to measuring out my powder charge. From that to seating the projectile I take all the time I need to get it right.

I watched that video about no more primers in 2022. I must say I don't know if I buy into all the hype but it sucks if it's true. It's not like we have enough problems as it is.

What you're looking at is probably good for doing the vacuum sealing. Mine just 4x6 heavy Mill Ziploc bags that hold 50 to 100 rounds. I put desiccant bags in each one of my ammo cans to soak up any moisture that gets in there. If you have a vacuum sealer I think what you're seeing there is perfect.

Back
Top Bottom