• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tried to be a Glock owner but just cannot do it.

Nothing wrong with Glock pistols. I don't own one now but I have in the past and would again given the right deal. But on the other hand I'm not a Glock fanatic. I don't need or want one of every model like some of the fanboys do. I would love to have an older generation 17 or 19 or maybe a 20. The others just don't interest me.

All that being said I remember the early days when all the magazines we're reviewing and torture testing Glocks. They buried them, dropped them out of helicopters,tied a string around the trigger guard and dragged them down the road and so on and so forth. Point was they kept on shooting. Hard to argue with that.

Nothing wrong with Glock pistols. I don't own one now but I have in the past and would again given the right deal. But on the other hand I'm not a Glock fanatic. I don't need or want one of every model like some of the fanboys do. I would love to have an older generation 17 or 19 or maybe a 20. The others just don't interest me.

All that being said I remember the early days when all the magazines we're reviewing and torture testing Glocks. They buried them, dropped them out of helicopters,tied a string around the trigger guard and dragged them down the road and so on and so forth. Point was they kept on shooting. Hard to argue with that.
Yeah....and I've seen the same torture test on hi points as well....and the hi points kept doing just as the GLOCKS done. ..kept firing rounds....saying all this to say...IF I WAS GOING TO BUY AN UGLY GUN THAT WORKS,,,ILL SAVE A FEW HUNERT DOLLAS. AND BUY A HI POINT. ...THEY LOOK ALOT LIKE GLUCKS AND ARE CHEAPER

Yeah....and I've seen the same torture test on hi points as well....and the hi points kept doing just as the GLOCKS done. ..kept firing rounds....saying all this to say...IF I WAS GOING TO BUY AN UGLY GUN THAT WORKS,,,ILL SAVE A FEW HUNERT DOLLAS. AND BUY A HI POINT. ...THEY LOOK ALOT LIKE GLUCKS AND ARE CHEAPER
Oh damn! You may have just pissed on a hornets nest. But seriously I don't own any Hi Points either but given the price difference I will probably own one before I own another Glock. And think about how much more popular their carbines would be if they switched over to Glock mags. Even if that upped the retail price they would still most likely be the hottest pistol caliber carbine available.

Oh damn! You may have just pissed on a hornets nest. But seriously I don't own any Hi Points either but given the price difference I will probably own one before I own another Glock. And think about how much more popular their carbines would be if they switched over to Glock mags. Even if that upped the retail price they would still most likely be the hottest pistol caliber carbine available.
Yeah they're carbines are pretty cool rifles...

I have had 4 Glocks over the yesrs and never a problem. I have a G22 and it will eat all kinds of ammo without fail. Good gun that will do the job. I had 2 Rugers and 2 Sigs and could not stand them. Good guns just not for me. I would start a Ruger and Sig bashing thread if I was narrow minded and thought I know what is best for everyone. I'm not a liberal so I can't do that.:boink:

Someone should start a hater thread for hi points. ....will be plenty of comments on how bad they are. . Mostly by people who have never shot one
On the other hand, it's like the Glockaholics are so passionate because they're trying to convince themselves. Just saying. :boink:

Back
Top Bottom