• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trijicon RMR $282 TYD

There's both the 3.25 and 6.5 moa version for that price, get the smaller dot the 3.25moa for the rifle, the 6.5 is perfect for a handgun.

That's what I'm doing. I picked up the 3.25 last time around, but it's just a little too small for my pistol. I just ordered the 6.5 and I'll use the mount to put the 3.25 on my thermal, which has a picatinny rail on top of it for just this reason.

I remember reading about a flickering problem on handguns, is this what you're referring to? Anything I need to be on the lookout for with battery housing? Any info on type 1 would be much appreciated
The Type 1 was specifically designed for rifle use and did see some folks reporting flickering of the red dot under recoil/slide operation during semi-auto pistol use. The Type 2 was specifically designed with pistol use in mind. Honestly, at this price I would be a buyer anyway even if I intended to use the RMR on a semi-auto pistol.....remembering the reported "flicker" issues with Type 1 sights were/are a relatively low percentage of actual users.

Here is a link that details the technical differences in Type 1 vs. Type 2 construction.

https://bigtexoutdoors.com/blogs/news/differences-between-trijicon-rmrs

How woukld this work on a 16" 5.56 rifle?

I suppose if they put the Vortex on the M1A CQB it shoukld be fine right?
The sight will last longer than the lands and grooves in your barrel! :thumb:

The battery.......Nope. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom