• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trijicon RMR $282 TYD

It looks like this is an RM01 Type 1? So the only illumination is via battery (no fiber or tritium)? The ad on Cabellas seems to show descriptions for multiple models.
Yep, RM01 with battery supplied red dot. For rifle work the best RMR in my opinion is the 3.5 moa red dot that adjusts for the light level. Larger amber/green fiber optic reticles and rifles don't mix well for me.

Yep, RM01 with battery supplied red dot. For rifle work the best RMR in my opinion is the 3.5 moa red dot that adjusts for the light level. Larger amber/green fiber optic reticles and rifles don't mix well for me.
SO is there a consensus on how the 01 and 02 compare to 06 and 07 - would it be worth extra money to find a different model?

SO is there a consensus on how the 01 and 02 compare to 06 and 07would it be worth extra money to find a different model?
Aside from the differing dot size between models, 01 and 02 auto adjust the red dot based on the ambient lighting...06, 07 and 09 allow the user to manually adjust the red dot intensity or select auto adjust. The advantage of an auto adjusting dot is while moving quickly from different light settings it requires no manual input to keep up with the changing environment. The disadvantage of auto adjust is while stationary in a dark environment looking into a light environment you run the risk of the dot washing out. The 06, 07 and 09 solve this problem by allowing the user the choice of manual or auto adjust as well as turning the RMR completely off to save battery life. Technically and tactically speaking the 06, 07 and 09 is a better choice all around, but I don't think you will find a new from the factory one for $270.....ever.

additional 10% plus another $10 if you click through https://www.activejunky.com/invite/215050 to get to cabelas. So that's almost another $40 off if you sign up and click through.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking at them, but holding off due to the bottom loading battery. At this price I'll have to get one.

I can't get this to work, any advice?

Aside from the differing dot size between models, 01 and 02 auto adjust the red dot based on the ambient lighting...06, 07 and 09 allow the user to manually adjust the red dot intensity or select auto adjust. The advantage of an auto adjusting dot is while moving quickly from different light settings it requires no manual input to keep up with the changing environment. The disadvantage of auto adjust is while stationary in a dark environment looking into a light environment you run the risk of the dot washing out. The 06, 07 and 09 solve this problem by allowing the user the choice of manual or auto adjust as well as turning the RMR completely off to save battery life. Technically and tactically speaking the 06, 07 and 09 is a better choice all around, but I don't think you will find a new from the factory one for $270.....ever.

Give it time..black Friday is around the corner

Give it time..black Friday is around the corner

Thanks for the education - I'll give this a try and see how I like red dots.

As for black friday - it looks like thats just within Cabela's 90-day return policy!

Thanks for the education - I'll give this a try and see how I like red dots.

As for black friday - it looks like thats just within Cabela's 90-day return policy!
Well there you go then :thumb:

Don't forget about Christmas and New Years deals!
Remember this is just the first year trump as been in for..:peace:

Back
Top Bottom