• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trijicon RMR $350!

Damn, never mind.....I just checked and now it's 1-2 weeks. Just ordered one.

TacticalJeebus TacticalJeebus do you run the 3.25 or 6.5 dot?

The 3.25 is for young men with good eyes on a flat shooting handgun or rifle.
The 6.5 is what I found to be best for a handgun, I'm an older guy and tried them all....
Just sayin....

And that is a killer price!!

The 3.25 is for young men with good eyes on a flat shooting handgun or rifle.
The 6.5 is what I found to be best for a handgun, I'm an older guy and tried them all....
Just sayin....

And that is a killer price!!

I'm lucky with 20/20 vision still, so I went with the 3.25 dot. I'm doing a G19 RMR build. I just sent the slide in for a custom cut.

I'm lucky with 20/20 vision still, so I went with the 3.25 dot. I'm doing a G19 RMR build. I just sent the slide in for a custom cut.

Lol, good luck with it!
When you get it put together concentrate on keeping the dot in the window.
It's hard to do.
When you shoot now, you don't notice muzzle flip as much.

When you have the RMR on you absolutely will, because the dot will head to the top of the window and come up missing until the gun starts going back to level. Then you have to re-acquire the dot and then re-acquire the next target, time is ticking...

Stay patient with yourself, it takes a lot of getting use to! You'll get it eventually, lol.
You'll also be slower to the first target, only practice will build the muscle memory needed to get on it as fast as you would if you had open sights.
You are going to feel like the gun is pointing down below the target.
I found it's all muscle memory....
(and on all handguns now my grip is much more solid, a by product of keeping that dot in the window)

It's something new and you'll have a lot of fun with it if you stay patient, you'll notice accuracy at distance improves immediately, that should keep you in the game! :thumb:

Tactical Beaver Tactical Beaver - by the way if you still have room for a front and rear sight for backup Trijicon sells a nice suppressor height set that will sit right at the bottom of the window. Then you can time yourself shooting with the RMR and with the RMR off using the iron sights. You'll be able to tell when you've nailed it down.....

This is tempting. I have several cabelas gift cards too. Too bad this isn't the delta point pro(probably the only one thinking that).

Tactical Beaver Tactical Beaver - by the way if you still have room for a front and rear sight for backup Trijicon sells a nice suppressor height set that will sit right at the bottom of the window. Then you can time yourself shooting with the RMR and with the RMR off using the iron sights. You'll be able to tell when you've nailed it down.....

That's awesome man, thanks for the advice. I have heard that using RMR's tend to make you a better shooter....not just with RMR's, but other hand guns. Just like you said.....takes a lot of practice to keep the dot in the window, which tells me you learn better grip/control. I was looking at suppressor sights too, but ones that are all blacked out. I don't want night sights on this gun. I'm actually having my side cut so the RMR sits in the far rear, with the rear iron sight sitting in front of the optic. My main intention with this gun is to run it under night vision and run the RMR as primary.

Back
Top Bottom