• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trijicon RMR RM04 problems

paliknight

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
2   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have this sight on my FNX-45 Tactical and it isnt working too well for me. Not sure what exactly im doing wrong, but regardless of the adjustments, nothing changes. the dot is also difficult to acquire. I have to search for it a bit while aiming to find the damn reticle.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thinking of selling this damn thing and Ive only used it twice. paid good money for this damn thing.

BTW, this is the fiber optic tritium bull**** version.

EDIT: sorry guys, its actually the RM05G 9MOA reticle. My mistake.

Well... two things..

#1: the dual illuminated RMR's stink. Very prone to washing out, unless they are in perfect light conditions

#2: for any slide mounted optic... don't look a the dot... look at the target and point the gun naturally. The dot should be there. If it ain't... you need to practice your fundamentals more.

Good luck. With practice, slide mounted optics are great. Really help with the accuracy on 30+ yard shots.

It also could be the transition between lighting that is giving you problems?

From Trijicon I personally preferred the FO/Tritium for ACOG's on the rifles not so much in their RMR for pistols. It seemed to faint for me to pick up and I ended up going the battery LED route on the RMR with a 6 MOA dot. A $5 battery was a simple fix vs the 2-4 week warranty work from T

Well... two things..

#1: the dual illuminated RMR's stink. Very prone to washing out, unless they are in perfect light conditions

#2: for any slide mounted optic... don't look a the dot... look at the target and point the gun naturally. The dot should be there. If it ain't... you need to practice your fundamentals more.

Good luck. With practice, slide mounted optics are great. Really help with the accuracy on 30+ yard shots.
I shoot perfectly with the factory sights on all my handguns, especially the FNX45. I also have no issues with other RDS's and ACOGs, or any other sights/scopes for that matter. When I aim naturally, the factory sights align perfectly, but the dot isnt there. I have to start changing my point of aim to locate the damn reticle.

Yes. Its the 9 MOA. I made a mistake, its actually the RMR RM05G. My main issue is seeing the reticle blurry. I feel like i see two reticles overlapping. IDK WTF is going on lol.
Goto the eye doc regularly?

You could have some astigmatism in your eye. Common cause of blurry dots.

I shoot perfectly with the factory sights on all my handguns, especially the FNX45. I also have no issues with other RDS's and ACOGs, or any other sights/scopes for that matter. When I aim naturally, the factory sights align perfectly, but the dot isnt there. I have to start changing my point of aim to locate the damn reticle.

The dot isn't sitting on top of your irons?

Did you zero the RMR?

Rmr 04 is a 7moa amber dot.

The color could also be problematic. Personally I like red.

EDIT: never mind. OP clarified which model.
Yeah I wish it was the Amber. I got stuck with the green. Should have done more research before buying.
It also could be the transition between lighting that is giving you problems?

From Trijicon I personally preferred the FO/Tritium for ACOG's on the rifles not so much in their RMR for pistols. It seemed to faint for me to pick up and I ended up going the battery LED route on the RMR with a 6 MOA dot. A $5 battery was a simple fix vs the 2-4 week warranty work from T

Its possible. the indoor range lighting is adequate for iron sights and ACOGs, but this sight is sensitive from what i heard so it could also be an issue. Might just sell it; if i can find a buyer, FML.

Back
Top Bottom