• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tripled up this morning

Sure_Shot

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
72   0
Reaction score
Had two doe come across the ridge about 100 yards out. Picked the biggest one and boom! She jumped 5 feet in the air and took off down the other side of the ridge. The other one ran off to my left about 80 yards. I was watching her after she stopped and was looking around. About 45 minutes later... the deer comes back out about 60 yards in front of me, with the other bigger deer! Thought to myself, “I know I didn’t miss that deer.” So I centered the crosshairs again, boom! She falls where she stands. The other just stands there, so I centered the crosshairs on her, boom, I watch her run off back toward the area the deer I first shot at ran.

As I climb down from my stand and start dragging the deer that had fallen in front of me, I noticed a blood trail where the first deer I shot at was.

Well I didn’t miss. Never saw the third one initially. They aren’t the biggest doe but they’ll eat none the less. Now time to hunt the big boy.

B764F0D5-54B2-4B5A-B9DA-D06C91CE5435.jpeg
CF1D190A-41D5-48FF-9795-9519CA622ABF.jpeg
19934FAB-ACC9-495C-B5C4-CEEF1FFB12BF.jpeg

Had two doe come across the ridge about 100 yards out. Picked the biggest one and boom! She jumped 5 feet in the air and took off down the other side of the ridge. The other one ran off to my left about 80 yards. I was watching her after she stopped and was looking around. About 45 minutes later... the deer comes back out about 60 yards in front of me, with the other bigger deer! Thought to myself, “I know I didn’t miss that deer.” So I centered the crosshairs again, boom! She falls where she stands. The other just stands there, so I centered the crosshairs on her, boom, I watch her run off back toward the area the deer I first shot at ran.

As I climb down from my stand and start dragging the deer that had fallen in front of me, I noticed a blood trail where the first deer I shot at was.

Well I didn’t miss. Never saw the third one initially. They aren’t the biggest doe but they’ll eat none the less. Now time to hunt the big boy.

View attachment 1857423 View attachment 1857424 View attachment 1857422
Yum, bacon wrapped back straps smoked...Congrats

Back
Top Bottom