• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trouble in St Louis

Sigo

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
1   0
Reaction score
I was looking into this one. I honestly had not heard much about it. My first thought was, "Drug dealer runs from the COPS and gets shot... Not worth a second look." Then I heard something funny. The perp's gun had no DNA evidence on it from the perp, but did have the COP's.

LEOs- Is this common? I can understand the LEOs DNA on it from securing the weapon after the shooting, but shouldn't the bad guy's have been on it too?

Is the story of DNA accurate?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4891152/U2-cancels-St-Louis-concert-Stockley-protests.html

IMG_1093.JPG

Perp was a member of the famous " Playtex Glove Mafia".

I was looking into this one. I honestly had not heard much about it. My first thought was, "Drug dealer runs from the COPS and gets shot... Not worth a second look." Then I heard something funny. The perp's gun had no DNA evidence on it from the perp, but did have the COP's.

LEOs- Is this common? I can understand the LEOs DNA on it from securing the weapon after the shooting, but shouldn't the bad guy's have been on it too?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4891152/U2-cancels-St-Louis-concert-Stockley-protests.html

I didn't see the expert witness but aparently he testified the DNA thing was no big deal. Somehow or another that is not uncommon.

I wouldn't expect a gun to have DNA from the shooter on it.
Not unless he got a bad case of hammer bite, got M1 thumb, or shot a heavy recoiling rifle with his eye an inch behind the scope's ocular lens.

I'll tell you what happened........This incident went down in December 2011 when Eric Holder was the attorney general. In the 4 and 1/2 years that pasted until the local indictment, neither he nor Loretta Lynch chose to bring a federal indictment against the Officer (Shockley), let that sink in for a minute.

That same month then-police Chief Dan Isom requests an FBI investigation. Stockley is placed on desk duty.

June 2012: St. Louis Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce's office meets with then-U.S. Attorney Richard Callahan and both agree there isn't sufficient evidence to prosecute Stockley.

May 16, 2016: Joyce announces first-degree murder charges against Stockley. She cites new evidence, but doesn't disclose what it is. Stockley is arrested at his home in Houston. He is freed from jail after the St. Louis Police Officers Association, the union representing most St. Louis officers, posts $100,000 of his $1 million bail. Joyce "retires" and walks away from the prosecution in December 2016.

July 24, 2017: Stockley waives his right to a jury trial in favor of a bench trial. That's right, the defendant chose to a judge instead of a jury to be the trier of fact. There is an old defense lawyer saying, "When you are sure your client is innocent choose a trial by judge. When you are sure your client is gulity choose a trial by jury". Veteran St. Louis Circuit Judge Timothy Wilson is appointed to hear the case. The prosecutor objected to Shockley choosing a trial by judge...yeah that's right, objected to a defendant legally choosing a judge instead of a jury.

Aug. 1, 2017: Stockley's trial begins with a crowd of spectators so large several people have to be turned away. The prosecutor accused Shockley of executing Lamar Smith and planting the gun found in his car. The judge states "prosecutors' argument that the presence of Stockley's DNA and the absence of Smith's DNA on the gun proves the gun was not in Smith's possession but must have belonged to and been planted by Stockley is refuted by the State's own witnesses — who had testified that the absence of DNA on an item doesn't mean a person hasn't touched it." Wilson ruled that the gun found in the car, a revolver, "was too large to be planted without being spotted in video footage of the scene." The judge goes on to say that based on his nearly 30 years on the bench, "an urban heroin dealer not in possession of a firearm would be an anomaly."

Sept. 15, 2017: Wilson announces a not-guilty verdict for Stockley stating "Agonizingly, this Court has poured [sic] over the evidence again and again — including video evidence from police vehicles, a nearby restaurant's surveillance camera, and a witness's cellphone. State law requires the trier of fact to be 'firmly convinced' of the defendant's guilt in order to convict. This Court, as the trier of fact, is simply not firmly convinced of the defendant's guilt." The judge finds that the state's prosecution of the case "did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Stockley did not act in self-defense.".........Protests break out.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-st-louis-police-shooting-trial-20170801-story.html

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...cquitted-of-murder-in-anthony-lamar-smith-cas

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article173692456.html

Much like Freddy Gray trial in Baltimore, a Social Justice Warrior prosecutor brings charges against a white police officer who shot a black man because........well despite the absence of any evidence of a crime, it's what "The People" want. With zero chance to obtain a conviction at trial the defendant is acquitted. "The People" then go on the protest trail because you know...white cop/black man.

I'll tell you what happened........This incident went down in December 2011 when Eric Holder was the attorney general. In the 4 and 1/2 years that pasted until the local indictment, neither he nor Loretta Lynch chose to bring a federal indictment against the Officer (Shockley), let that sink in for a minute.

That same month then-police Chief Dan Isom requests an FBI investigation. Stockley is placed on desk duty.

June 2012: St. Louis Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce's office meets with then-U.S. Attorney Richard Callahan and both agree there isn't sufficient evidence to prosecute Stockley.

May 16, 2016: Joyce announces first-degree murder charges against Stockley. She cites new evidence, but doesn't disclose what it is. Stockley is arrested at his home in Houston. He is freed from jail after the St. Louis Police Officers Association, the union representing most St. Louis officers, posts $100,000 of his $1 million bail. Joyce "retires" and walks away from the prosecution in December 2016.

July 24, 2017: Stockley waives his right to a jury trial in favor of a bench trial. That's right, the defendant chose to a judge instead of a jury to be the trier of fact. There is an old defense lawyer saying, "When you are sure your client is innocent choose a trial by judge. When you are sure your client is gulity choose a trial by jury". Veteran St. Louis Circuit Judge Timothy Wilson is appointed to hear the case. The prosecutor objected to Shockley choosing a trial by judge...yeah that's right, objected to a defendant legally choosing a judge instead of a jury.

Aug. 1, 2017: Stockley's trial begins with a crowd of spectators so large several people have to be turned away. The prosecutor accused Shockley of executing Lamar Smith and planting the gun found in his car. The judge states "prosecutors' argument that the presence of Stockley's DNA and the absence of Smith's DNA on the gun proves the gun was not in Smith's possession but must have belonged to and been planted by Stockley is refuted by the State's own witnesses — who had testified that the absence of DNA on an item doesn't mean a person hasn't touched it." Wilson ruled that the gun found in the car, a revolver, "was too large to be planted without being spotted in video footage of the scene." The judge goes on to say that based on his nearly 30 years on the bench, "an urban heroin dealer not in possession of a firearm would be an anomaly."

Sept. 15, 2017: Wilson announces a not-guilty verdict for Stockley stating "Agonizingly, this Court has poured [sic] over the evidence again and again — including video evidence from police vehicles, a nearby restaurant's surveillance camera, and a witness's cellphone. State law requires the trier of fact to be 'firmly convinced' of the defendant's guilt in order to convict. This Court, as the trier of fact, is simply not firmly convinced of the defendant's guilt." The judge finds that the state's prosecution of the case "did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Stockley did not act in self-defense.".........Protests break out.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-st-louis-police-shooting-trial-20170801-story.html

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...cquitted-of-murder-in-anthony-lamar-smith-cas

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article173692456.html

Much like Freddy Gray trial in Baltimore, a Social Justice Warrior prosecutor brings charges against a white police officer who shot a black man because........well despite the absence of any evidence of a crime, it's what "The People" want. With zero chance to obtain a conviction at trial the defendant is acquitted. "The People" then go on the protest trail because you know...white cop/black man.
THANKS! No wonder I didn't remember this one. I was out of the country.

I wouldn't expect a gun to have DNA from the shooter on it.
Not unless he got a bad case of hammer bite, got M1 thumb, or shot a heavy recoiling rifle with his eye an inch behind the scope's ocular lens.

But, would you expect the DNA of the cop on to be on it?:doh::wacko::shocked:

I can't understand that at all. Just how bad do the cops contaminate a crime scene?

I don't have a negative opinion on the actual shooting. I certainly don't think that we, being humanity, have lost anything in the death of a heroin dealer. I just fail to understand how a policeman puts himself in a position where he says going to kill the guy, and then goes into the situation with an "unauthorised" firearm. It just seems he dosen't need to be, and shouldn't be, a police officer.

Back
Top Bottom