• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trouble seeing your sights? Chime in please!

Well I'll tell you right now that I've seen tons of people who only have one eye because they didn't wear safety glasses. You look like a big sissy when you only got one eye that works. In all seriousness if it bothers you invest in some cool Oakley's or something. There are plenty of cool safety glasses. Also get a suppressor with less blow back, my preference is the liberty mystic haha
I tried that . The Oakley’s make me feel nervous as I really doubt they would stop much.

Thanks for the sharing the expertise with us. I am 55 yoa and was diagnosed with macular degeneration about 15-20 years ago. Youngest patient my dr had seen with this condition. In my younger days I was quite a marksman but now I can't focus on either sight and have to look at the target with peripheral vision. I've heard they have made some progress with macular degeneration but I've not seen a dr for it in years. Any suggestions?

Now this is rare. A thread without politics, memes, crazy felon chicks, over-priced Glocks, no memtion of a 1911 and I actually learned something useful.:cool:

Boring... Yawn......! You Old guy's...! Just Kidding! in that 55 club as well.. I ordered longer arms to push the menu at restaurants, and my pistols out further.. My carry gun is a Kimber Crimson Trace .45 Laser for me makes all the difference in the world.. Have retro'ed 2 Other Sigs, and an HK with rail mount Lasers...
Not Ideal but functional, I hate having a single point of failure.

I have moderate - Severe astigmatism... I have had contacts since I was 16. My longtime Optometrist has kind of created a monovision solution with contacts on my dominant eye. My contact powers are -7.25 in Rt. Eye -6.5 in Left eye... Yup I'm Blind...

I use high end binoculars exclusively for Hunting, and transition to my scope for acquisition and confirmation.

I tried that . The Oakley’s make me feel nervous as I really doubt they would stop much.

You need to find some that are in line with ansi standards and have z87 on them. Those have been tested to stop impacts, doesn't matter if you don't feel like it'll do much or not, anything is better than nothing. You can always find a frame you like and have someone make you some high quality impact resistant lenses.

Thanks for the sharing the expertise with us. I am 55 yoa and was diagnosed with macular degeneration about 15-20 years ago. Youngest patient my dr had seen with this condition. In my younger days I was quite a marksman but now I can't focus on either sight and have to look at the target with peripheral vision. I've heard they have made some progress with macular degeneration but I've not seen a dr for it in years. Any suggestions?

Anytime anyone is diagnosed with an eye condition they should continue to get yearly exams to monitor the progression. There are many things that can be done to help you from losing vision. 55 is very young for macular degeration! There are many different low vision devices that may help with everyday task and such which you may not be to that point. I'd recommend you go and have it checked on and see what stage your in and then go from there. It's not going to get better per say but there's things that can help it from getting worse.

Boring... Yawn......! You Old guy's...! Just Kidding! in that 55 club as well.. I ordered longer arms to push the menu at restaurants, and my pistols out further.. My carry gun is a Kimber Crimson Trace .45 Laser for me makes all the difference in the world.. Have retro'ed 2 Other Sigs, and an HK with rail mount Lasers...
Not Ideal but functional, I hate having a single point of failure.

I have moderate - Severe astigmatism... I have had contacts since I was 16. My longtime Optometrist has kind of created a monovision solution with contacts on my dominant eye. My contact powers are -7.25 in Rt. Eye -6.5 in Left eye... Yup I'm Blind...

I use high end binoculars exclusively for Hunting, and transition to my scope for acquisition and confirmation.

To get a better idea of how your contacts are set up, can you read with your contacts in? And I mean actually read not push it out and struggle to read?

To get a better idea of how your contacts are set up, can you read with your contacts in? And I mean actually read not push it out and struggle to read?

Fairly well.. Creates a lot of eye strain, better in daylight vs. lowlight conditions. Letters are not as crisp then.

This is exactly what I deal with. I end up with 1.5 reading glasses low on my nose. I can see fine for most things. But if I have to read something or do fine detail work I have to slide the glasses up.

My employer wants me to wear safety glasses. I just can’t find anything that works for me. If I have to I will either swap to a full reader lens glass just for working with a power tool for long enough to do something. Or wear two glasses at the same time. My readers and an oversized pair of safety glasses over them.

I would love to find a better solution

Have you tried safety glasses with cheaters built in?

41VBN4HI5OL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Bifocal-Safe...ns&keywords=safety+glasses+with+readers&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom