• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trouble seeing your sights? Chime in please!

Any idea what your glasses Rx is? Thanks

I refuse to wear glasses they look like the bottoms of coke bottles... I get a prescription annually and never look at them. I am due shortly, I usually get them checked around Oct 1st to have a few week of adjusting to prior to opening day.. Can circle back with that info.

You need to find some that are in line with ansi standards and have z87 on them. Those have been tested to stop impacts, doesn't matter if you don't feel like it'll do much or not, anything is better than nothing. You can always find a frame you like and have someone make you some high quality impact resistant lenses.
So recommend me some . Something that fits well with the range and office

Have you tried safety glasses with cheaters built in?

41VBN4HI5OL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Bifocal-Safe...ns&keywords=safety+glasses+with+readers&psc=1
F***king pain in the ass! I have used something like this in the past and they suck!

I have war stories about using glasses like this and following the airline paperwork exactly and adjusting the WRONG SCREW! Just because I couldn't read the placard with my head tilted all the way back and the tiny magnifying lens being at the wrong place for me to see the F***ing placard.

I would rather buy a real pair of prescription safety glasses where I get to determine where the reader bit starts and stops.

I'd pay money for reader top/reader bottom/no magnification in the middle.

Imagine an airline pilot who can see out the window just fine. But needs readers to read the displays (below the glareshield) and above the read the circuit breakers.

Every safety bifocal I have ever tried is in the wrong place!

So recommend me some . Something that fits well with the range and office

That's pretty difficult as I have no idea what your style is nor is that really the point of this thread. I've been a fan of Smith and Oakley ophthalmic frames and they have held up very well. My persional everyday glasses and shooting glasses are Smith. The more important factor is the lens. You want a lens that's polycarbonate and meets ansi safety standards. Any reputable optical should be able to do this for you.

F***king pain in the ass! I have used something like this in the past and they suck!

I have war stories about using glasses like this and following the airline paperwork exactly and adjusting the WRONG SCREW! Just because I couldn't read the placard with my head tilted all the way back and the tiny magnifying lens being at the wrong place for me to see the F***ing placard.

I would rather buy a real pair of prescription safety glasses where I get to determine where the reader bit starts and stops.

I'd pay money for reader top/reader bottom/no magnification in the middle.

Imagine an airline pilot who can see out the window just fine. But needs readers to read the displays (below the glareshield) and above the read the circuit breakers.

Every safety bifocal I have ever tried is in the wrong place!

Those type of glasses are made all the time. They are called occupational and actually work really well. I've done a few recently for mechanics who are up under cars all day and need to see up clearly and then down when looking for tools.

Thanks for the info!

Got some more info from my dad. He said the crosshairs in a scope lean to the left a little with glasses on (right eye astigmatism) and that contacts correct this. He says the contacts help his astigmatism better than the glasses, but everyday activities like watching tv, driving, or walking around the yard are good with both contacts and glasses.

Back
Top Bottom