• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truck Gun...

cskiles

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
So...Something that I have been contemplating for quite awhile is purchasing a "truck gun. I always have a pistol in my vehicle that is carried with me when leave the vehicle (currently a G19), but due to the amount of driving that I do and the places that I go (the entire continental US to the tune of 50k+ a year), I feel that I want to start carrying a rifle of some type as well. I have been contemplating an AR 15 pistol (7.5" barrel) because I like the idea of having quick access to 30rds at a time.
The criteria that I have for a truck gun is as follows:

1.) Significant ammunition capacity;
2.) Pseudo easy to conceal - With the understanding that it is in fact a rifle and not made to be highly concealable (since I would be transporting it to and from the truck each night I go to a hotel);
3.) More accurate for distance shooting in the event that I would need to take to foot travel in a bad situation.

After seeing the stupidity that occurred in Ferguson and elsewhere across the country, I have no desire to be caught with a 9mm and two magazines.

What are your thoughts???

What about a 9mm carbine that uses Glock mags with several high capacity mags?
Yep! A few 33 rounds mags and complete interchangeability between your handgun and long gun.

A question for the OP. Why go with a pistol AR? Go long gun. It's not going to come out unless the SHTF and at that point who cares about concealability?

Back
Top Bottom