• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truck Gun...

Exactly! But having a plan in place is one of the proven ways to speed up your OODA Loop and improve your reaction time to a deadly force encounter. That's always a good thing. But, like I said, ya gotta be flexible.

Having a plan in place and constantly modifying the plan as situation dictates keeps you in the Yellow. I'm talking about having a plan in place long before anything has happened. As you're driving around, entering/exiting a store, eating at a restaurant, staying in a hotel, pumping gas, picking up the kids from school, etc.

When you're out to eat, do you know where the emergency exits are? Do you know where the kitchen is? If there is a jampack at the fire exit and front doors, there are always one or more exits through the kitchen.

When I'm at a hotel, I immediately recon all stairwells to see where they are and where they can take me, in addition to fire exits. Even exiting to the roof may be preferable to sitting in the room or going downstairs, depending upon the circumstances. Also, when I'm overseas, many of the hotel room windows can open, which ain't common in the US. Depending on what floor I'm on, can I exit out a window? If the windows don't open, can I break a window and use it as an alternate route?

Just carrying a firearm, and having a "better" one in your vehicle, ain't having a plan.......that's having the means. It's a step in the right direction, but it falls far short of the finish line. These are all tactics and techniques we discuss in my Residential Room Clearing & Response to Active Shooter course I'm teaching in Marietta on Jan 28-29 (shameless plug ).

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan in place to kill everyone you meet. Words to live by, they've served me for 28 years now.
One of the things I stress when I'm introducing people to SD with a firearm is that a big part of the training is mental and I don't just mean at the range.

As you move through life you should do mental exercises about the different situations you find yourself in. If this happens, I would do this... If he did that, I would respond like this... and so on and so on. A person should do this a lot, especially if they are new to carrying a weapon. Another aspect that should be practiced this way is recognition of when deadly force would be appropriate and legal.

Most people do not have a clear understanding of the laws concerning justifiable homicide. This should be of major concern to anyone that has made the decision that they will kill another to defend themselves or others. If you have not studied the law and then mentally practiced it the same way as I describe above, you could very well find yourself slowed down by indecision at a critical moment or make a bad decision and spend the next 15 years in prison for manslaughter.

One of the most ridiculous saying out there is "I rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6." That is stupidity incarnate! Train properly and you should be able to avoid both of those situations. Personally, I think I would rather be carried by 6 than spend the next couple of decades in prison.

View attachment 1009419 View attachment 1009423

Yea that's the Red Lion hand guard and I did that with a Burris red dot on top.
I've shot it in 3 gun matches when we shoot it on the pistol bays and it's a hoot.
Stick the big Glock mag in it and it's a heck of a setup, it was just kind of expensive....

Fits in a small backpack though....

Amazingly accurate at 50 yards you can shoot the bull out of the target, it reminds me of those BB machine guns at the fair, lol. It's a fun gun.

This is a Kel-tec Sub 2000???

where can I educate myself about these?
smoothhd smoothhd

Red Lion makes the handguard that makes the whole thing possible.

Go to YouTube and check for Keltec Sub 2k Red Lion.
I just did and there are a few videos.

The forward grip was made in Israel and it collapses, it's a nice product too.

Other than that there's a Bushnell Red Dot on a riser, a Red Lion front replacement sight and a TLR1 on the lower forward rail. I'm telling you it cost more to build it this way then it cost me for the gun. It's a hoot though and shoots very well.

I still feel it was worth it, everyone likes shooting it because it has no recoil and I reload the 9's so it really cheap to shoot.

If you would like more pictures PM me and I'll go take some.

My first set up was a Glock 22 and a keltek sub 2000 for the truck.
The sub 2000 was a tack driver in .40 cal.
But I can't hit a barn with a Glock.

Then I got the trade bug and went with the Baretta 92Fs which shared mags with the beretta Cx4 storm which were both tack drivers with the CX4 a tack driver at 100 yards all day long.

Got the trade bug again and I'm all off kilter with a mix matched 1911 .45 and a 5.56 AR M4 with an ACOG.

I liked the first two set ups because they shared magazines and the beretta set up better because both guns were extremely accurate.

In a perfect world I would have 2 identical pistols.
One in a drivers underdash easy to reach holster and the other on my hip in addition to a rifle that shared mags with the pistols and an easy to carry get home bag with extra mags and light essentials.

My Daughter has the Glock/sub 2-k set up and loves it.

I'd highly recommend the sub 2-k and the CX4 storm.
The storm being the better long range shooter with optic mounting easier and the sub 2-k the better ultra concealable of the two, plenty accurate but not as pleasant to shoot and feels less durable than the CX4.

Not sure how well a sub 2000 would hold up in a battle or escape and evasion situation with all the plasticky parts/sights.

Sub 2k all day. Same mags as sidearm, easily concealable in a backpack. I can put a full mag in 6" plate at 50 and a 10" plate a 100. It's a no brainer for me.

Back
Top Bottom