• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truck Gun...

Where are you finding the EST mags at that price?
Botach. need to buy 10, to get that price, but my goal is a minimum of 10 mags for any gun I have.
Magazine is the most common failure in a semi auto, so I do not like to skimp there.

My first set up was a Glock 22 and a keltek sub 2000 for the truck.
The sub 2000 was a tack driver in .40 cal.
But I can't hit a barn with a Glock.

Then I got the trade bug and went with the Baretta 92Fs which shared mags with the beretta Cx4 storm which were both tack drivers with the CX4 a tack driver at 100 yards all day long.

Got the trade bug again and I'm all off kilter with a mix matched 1911 .45 and a 5.56 AR M4 with an ACOG.

I liked the first two set ups because they shared magazines and the beretta set up better because both guns were extremely accurate.

In a perfect world I would have 2 identical pistols.
One in a drivers underdash easy to reach holster and the other on my hip in addition to a rifle that shared mags with the pistols and an easy to carry get home bag with extra mags and light essentials.

My Daughter has the Glock/sub 2-k set up and loves it.

I'd highly recommend the sub 2-k and the CX4 storm.
The storm being the better long range shooter with optic mounting easier and the sub 2-k the better ultra concealable of the two, plenty accurate but not as pleasant to shoot and feels less durable than the CX4.

Not sure how well a sub 2000 would hold up in a battle or escape and evasion situation with all the plasticky parts/sights.
Great minds think alike. The only difference is that I shoot a Glock (with a trigger job) well, so...

G17 in under dash holster.
G19 on my hip.
And once I get the stamp back, a JR carbine that has been SBRed with a integral suppressor that takes any length Glock mag. It will be zeroed at 80 yards with 115 grain.

All but one of the short mags will be loaded with the 115s, as will two 33 rounders. However, I'll have six 33s loaded with 147gr HST subs and a 17 rounder that will ride in the carbine loaded with them also. The subs should be reasonably well on target at close range and I can take advantage of the 115s out to around 100 yards with that zero. This way things stay discreet unless I have to engage at longer ranges.

Botach. need to buy 10, to get that price, but my goal is a minimum of 10 mags for any gun I have.
Magazine is the most common failure in a semi auto, so I do not like to skimp there.
Thanks! The ESTs are getting great reviews and I can always use more mags. The EST site has them at $22.

Folks talking about fear of overpenetration, and here I am switching to a 5.56 load with more penetration. Silly me!

Depends on the round and I know you are fully aware of that. There are 5.56 rounds that I have tested that will go through autoglass and then 12-18" of gellatin like the RA556B (Winchester Ranger 64g bonded) and there are those that will blow up in the first 6" of bare gellatin (Ballistic Silvertip or similar).

What hand guard? Im thinking about upgrading mine.
_DC83486.jpg

Depends on the round and I know you are fully aware of that. There are 5.56 rounds that I have tested that will go through autoglass and then 12-18" of gellatin like the RA556B (Winchester Ranger 64g bonded) and there are those that will blow up in the first 6" of bare gellatin (Ballistic Silvertip or similar).

I'm switching from Hornady TAP 60grn VMAX to Hornady 55grn GMX Barrier.

Back
Top Bottom