• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truck Gun...

That's why I was looking at an AR pistol with a 7.5" barrel, I'd really like to shoot one first though...
You should! Then pick up the rifle and run the same course of fire. You'll most likely realize that you only need one "pistol", the one you carry on you.

For me, the most important measure of maneuverability is how fast and accurately you can put rounds on target. The right rifle beats any pistol every day. The only reason I even own handguns is because often they are the only practical solution to having a firearm quickly accessible. If you already carry, that's covered while in your vehicle. Stash a carbine somewhere else in the vehicle for real firepower if the SHTF.

Standard 16" AR will fit in a folding chair bag I used a cheap yoga mat for protection and form...

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161227_091e5f371a05c0b8fd0952be5775c56f.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161227_ee7d6fbdec6a58c15de6ef4d40d53f0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I like this carry idea.

You should! Then pick up the rifle and run the same course of fire. You'll most likely realize that you only need one "pistol", the one you carry on you.

For me, the most important measure of maneuverability is how fast and accurately you can put rounds on target. The right rifle beats any pistol every day. The only reason I even own handguns is because often they are the only practical solution to having a firearm quickly accessible. If you already carry, that's covered while in your vehicle. Stash a carbine somewhere else in the vehicle for real firepower if the SHTF.[/QUOTE

Any recommendation on the carbine??

Can't beat an AR type with a stick. 16 inch barrel with a collapsible stock and 30 round mag in it. Keep one in the pipe. Retrieve it, flip the safety and you're open for business.

1. I agree. Sometimes a only a rifle will do. Even if it is a "poodle shooter."
"poodle shooter." LOL!

Most folks don't realize that a 55 grain 5.56 puts more energy on target than a 44 mag. The reason they have been less than effective at times in military use is the ridiculous use of FMJ ammo.

"poodle shooter." LOL!

Most folks don't realize that a 55 grain 5.56 puts more energy on target than a 44 mag. The reason they have been less than effective at times in military use is the ridiculous use of FMJ ammo.
It still amazes me the number of people that I have spoken to that carry FMJ ammo in their CCW, hell, I even talked to one guy that carried this ammo in all of his magazines (spare and loaded in his CCW) http://www.lehighdefense.com/pages/xtreme-penetrator. Some people don't seem to realize that your responsibility in firing a weapon doesn't end until the bullet stops (figuratively speaking).

Back
Top Bottom