• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

truck is totaled, her insurance has a bad rep, do I lawyer up?

SOLGardener

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
57   0
Reaction score
My Taco is a mess and the front of the frame is way bent up. The lady that turned in front of me, failing to yield at an intersection has some tiny insurance company with a reputation for dragging out claims. do I get a lawyer and let them handle it?

Thing is, the truck has around $25K of aftermarket items on it. All were itemized under my policy.

I contacted mine and am waiting on a call from the adjuster. With her company I got voicemail.

Cop at the scene said she would be listed as "at fault" but the police report doesn't indication any citation. She was taken away in an ambulance. There were three witnesses that the officer spoke to. two told me that they saw it and that it was clear she was at fault, the other I heard him tell the officer the same thing, but there is no mention of them in the report.

Thing is, the truck has around $25K of aftermarket items on it. All were itemized under my policy.

I contacted mine and am waiting on a call from the adjuster. With her company I got voicemail.

Cop at the scene said she would be listed as "at fault" but the police report doesn't indication any citation. She was taken away in an ambulance. There were three witnesses that the officer spoke to. two told me that they saw it and that it was clear she was at fault, the other I heard him tell the officer the same thing, but there is no mention of them in the report.
Does not matter if she was cited. Your insurance will handle it with hers using whatever rules they use, which is separate from citations and the State vs either of you. Your insurance may end up covering it and then going after hers. That happened to me in a deal like this.

All the more reason to use yours.

Back
Top Bottom