• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truck Pistol Location

attachment.jpg

I have an OWB holster that uses a Safariland QLS "quick locking system". I just bought an extra attachment Clip and attached it under my front console and just snap in the holster when I travel. Quick to get to it and hidden out of site unless you know its there.

Center console for me.
If I wanted to be more tactically sound, I could rig up a holster INSIDE the center console, or maybe velcro a holster to the left inside wall of that container, to hold the holster and gun in the same position every time, so I don't have to grope for it. Right now, I do have to grope for it, and that takes an extra 1.0 seconds. (not a big deal to me, but faster IS better, I agree).

P.S. You can use Bondo auto body dent filler to make an interface that lets a holster sit solidly in one of your vehicle's cup holders. The gun and holster go 3" deep into the cup holder, and the Bondo fills in all the gaps so that your holstered rig fits the cup holder perfectly. Now, since most of your gun will be sticking up out of the cupholder, it may not stay in place during a serious crash or roll-over, but it will remain in place during normal driving, even with abrupt stops and hitting big potholes. I used this method for a few years back in the 1990s.

Back
Top Bottom