• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truck title

georgia357

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
57   0
Reaction score
Anybody have any knowledge of how to get a truck title from a used car dealer? My grandson bought a used Dodge Ram from a used car dealer in Stockbridge over a month ago and so far has had no luck in getting a title from the dealer. He got the bill of sale and tag receipt but no title. The dealer is now not answering his phone calls. Any help in pointing him in the right direction will be appreciated.

I purchased my 2013 tacoma with cash and it took nearly 2 months to get the title. From a toyota dealership.

Some one else had this same problem same dealer in stockbridge on here

Can't find thread

But you can go to title bond place easy and faster

But I bet they can't get title
Salvaged or ???

Title bond runs around 125 bucks

In my experience, it seems it never takes more than 2 weeks to receive a title from the state. Just a hunch, but I would lay odds the car dealer is trying to scam the tax man, hence the hold up on the title. For the record, the oligarchs frown on such behavior.

Has he visited the business. I'd go there and if doesn't get resolved call the Georgia Department of Consumer Affairs.
Dealers are licenced by the state and either will have to produce the title or refund your money if they want to stay in business.
Sometimes it takes a little longer than a month to get the title, and I assume he got a 60 day title. However not returning a call isn't a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom