• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truck title

Depending on how many assignments the Title had on the back of it, it can time time to process at the State level. Unlike private party transactions, Dealers are allowed to reassign a title without it being in their name, up to three times without processing it through the state. A month is a little long, but it is the time of year when lots of folks are taking off work for federal holidays. He can take his VIN number to the state tag office ( it used to be off tradeport blvd in Hapeville) and have a title history run. He will at least know the status of the title. Used car dealers cannot sell a vehicle with a branded title ( salvaged or rebuilt) without fully notifying the buyer. Short of that, if he feels like he is really getting the run around, he can take his paperwork to the local County Solicitor and have a chat. I would not bond the title just yet, it can get pricey ( the bond amount is based on the value of the vehicle) and several steps of paperwork need to be completed. Not all vehicles can be issued a bonded title.

Pm me if I can help in any way. Was in the used car business for quite a while.

Depending on how many assignments the Title had on the back of it, it can time time to process at the State level. Unlike private party transactions, Dealers are allowed to reassign a title without it being in their name, up to three times without processing it through the state. A month is a little long, but it is the time of year when lots of folks are taking off work for federal holidays. He can take his VIN number to the state tag office ( it used to be off tradeport blvd in Hapeville) and have a title history run. He will at least know the status of the title. Used car dealers cannot sell a vehicle with a branded title ( salvaged or rebuilt) without fully notifying the buyer. Short of that, if he feels like he is really getting the run around, he can take his paperwork to the local County Solicitor and have a chat. I would not bond the title just yet, it can get pricey ( the bond amount is based on the value of the vehicle) and several steps of paperwork need to be completed. Not all vehicles can be issued a bonded title.

Pm me if I can help in any way. Was in the used car business for quite a while.
Assignments have nothing to do with it. The dealer may not have the title yet (can still process it by doing a Gratis search by vin number for current title number and use that to input into titletec to process it). I usually process at about 40 day since the temp tag is good for 45. Then, the customer receives the title in 7-10 business days after I mail it to titletec.

Back
Top Bottom