• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trump EO Cancels Student Loan Debt for Disabled Veterans

A little misleading. The EO creates an expedited process to an already existing debt forgiveness process for disabled veterans. A very good thing for these vets, nonetheless.

So good, in fact, that Major Bonespurs was ready to give himself a medal. :lol:

Trump kicked off the beginning of his speech joking that he'd weighed giving himself a Medal of Honor, the highest recognition that can be awarded to those who've served in the military.

"I wanted one, but they told me I don't qualify," Trump, who received multiple draft deferments during the Vietnam War, said to the gathering of veterans. "I said 'could I give it to myself anyway?' They said, 'I don't think that's a good idea.'"

This guy :lol:
Hey now! We only hate on draft dodgers if they have a D next to their name!

A little misleading. The EO creates an expedited process to an already existing debt forgiveness process for disabled veterans. A very good thing for these vets, nonetheless.

So good, in fact, that Major Bonespurs was ready to give himself a medal. :lol:

Trump kicked off the beginning of his speech joking that he'd weighed giving himself a Medal of Honor, the highest recognition that can be awarded to those who've served in the military.

"I wanted one, but they told me I don't qualify," Trump, who received multiple draft deferments during the Vietnam War, said to the gathering of veterans. "I said 'could I give it to myself anyway?' They said, 'I don't think that's a good idea.'"

This guy :lol:
source.gif

Very few would want to go through the examinations/requirements if the program were managed properly.

So, since we know all veterans of any type/shape/form/ilk are lauded as heroes, no matter their occupation in service, are we to forgive the student debt of disabled vets who by virtue of their own stupidity or ****bagness earned that disability? I mean, what if that fake "activist" American Indian who served "during Vietnam times" Nathan (Sky Man) Phillips was "disabled" due to his alcohol abuse? What if he was burned by a refrigerant leak while repairing a cooler on post, in Nebraska? Does he get to go to school free?

If you're a combat wounded veteran, or suffered a disability due to a combat related injury? I think it's a good program if you make grades.

Very few would want to go through the examinations/requirements if the program were managed properly.

So, since we know all veterans of any type/shape/form/ilk are lauded as heroes, no matter their occupation in service, are we to forgive the student debt of disabled vets who by virtue of their own stupidity or ****bagness earned that disability? I mean, what if that fake "activist" American Indian who served "during Vietnam times" Nathan (Sky Man) Phillips was "disabled" due to his alcohol abuse? What if he was burned by a refrigerant leak while repairing a cooler on post, in Nebraska? Does he get to go to school free?

If you're a combat wounded veteran, or suffered a disability due to a combat related injury? I think it's a good program if you make grades.
Word. I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion, but I agree. I've never understand why just because somebody is a vet, we should just bow down and worship them. Vets are like regular people too. There are good and bad, and many have never seen combat. The Airforce desk jockey who drank himself out of a liver, and the special ops guy who lost a limb, should not be in the same lumped in the same pool with something like this.

im a fan of vet programs, not a fan of forgiving debt to bolster a for profit industry (education and student loan is very much for profit and encouraged by our gov)

this is a meh thing though as sparked already mentioned there were previously avenues already available for this type of entitlement

Back
Top Bottom