• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trump to Speak at NRA Forum, First President to Do So Since 1983

He was physically there last year as a candidate... I can't see him not being there in person this year.

As for SS protection... my guess is the hall le's speaking in will be an exclusion zone with no carry allowed. Not a big deal, and it wouldn't affect the rest of the show. It's not like every Tom, DIck and Harry can even get a ticket to the Leadership Forum anyway.

Firearms Policy for Annual Meetings
During the 2017 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Georgia World Congress Center and the Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center in accordance with Georgia law. However, firearms are not allowed in the remainder of the CNN Center, including the food court and shops. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local laws.

So the Leadership conference is in Hall A3, Georgia World Congress Center. This means per the policy lawfully carried firearms should be permitted. I am going to send a request to the press office asking this question.

https://www.nraam.org/events/2017/nra-ila-leadership-forum/

That policy was from before the announcement... No way SS will allow carry in the same hall as the Pres. Not the NRA's fault... just the way things work.

So I heard back from my email...

[REDACTED] <yeah that guy@nrahq.org>
As for the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum, we are awaiting additional security measures and protocols from the Secret Service, and plan to have that finalized in the coming days. I want to say that firearms will be prohibited in the Forum for security purposes, but have not received confirmation as of now. More to come.
Thanks!

Can't say I'm surprised. After all, there's nothing to keep one of these 'anything necessary' types from sneaking in among the good guys.

Back
Top Bottom