• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trust info can be engraved on the frame, receiver, or barrel.

SafeCracka

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
341   0
Reaction score
I just stumbled upon this on:https://www.rainierarms.com/blog/atf-form-1-creating-or-manufacturing-your-own-sbr-faq/

Is engraving required? What are legal locations for engraving the trust info?

Yes, engraving the new manufacturer on the firearm is absolutely required by the ATF. Engraving can be in plastic or metal along as it is at least .003” min depth and 1/16” min print size. The complete trust name along with the city and state the trust is located must be included in the engraving. Trust info can be engraved on the frame, receiver, or barrel. The receiver is the most popular location because any changes to the other components would not require the engraving to be repeated.

I think if you do the barrel, it has to be viewable. If you have it hidden under the HG and the ATF agents catch you, you may have to take a beating with some rubber hoses.

Why would you want to engrave anything other than the receiver or registered part? Just curious... engrave the barrel and you can't ever change out an upper (in an AR situation).

Why would you want to engrave anything other than the receiver or registered part? Just curious... engrave the barrel and you can't ever change out an upper (in an AR situation).

If say for example you have an imi Uzi that maybe one day you'd sell as non SBR to keep value on a collectible firearm I wouldn't want someone else's info on my new gun

You can always change the barrel, just need to engrave the new barrel. It's not the serialized part. The serialized piece doesn't have to be engraved until sold, to my understanding.

Back
Top Bottom