• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trust Question

Redneck1919

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
46   0
Reaction score
This NFA thing really gripes my butt.

Probably already discussed on here but search function really a PIA.

I bought a Rugged Oculus .22 suppressor back in December, now 8 months waiting.

I have decided to get another one, maybe for 9mm but am also thinking I should do a trust as I have more yesterdays than tomorrows.

What I need to know is once my stamp comes in (hopefully soon) can I add it to the trust and still use it with existing stamp?
I know I have to pay for another stamp for the trust, but don't want to have it in jail for maybe another year.

Appreciate any info.
Jim

It won't have to wait in jail again.

The jail would be you as an individual owner that "transfers" it to the trust when approved.

Yea so technically it'll be in jail but you'll be able to use it since you own it. Only downside is you have to pay that $200 again. I was thinking about this when I was debating on if I wanted to go individual or trust since individual was/is running faster times but I just went the trust route so it could be with the rest of my stuff.

Thanks.
Should have gone the trust route to begin with, but did not.
Now I need to find someone to make one for me so I can begin the long wait again on another one.

Can you call ATF and write to them and ask them to STOP processing your silencer form 4 transfer and refund your $200 tax money?
Would you want to do that and save $200 even though it means your can remains in jail for several more months? Is it worth it for you to waste $200 by taking possession of your silencer sooner rather than later and then transferring it from you as an individual owner to the trust you are creating ?

Can you call ATF and write to them and ask them to STOP processing your silencer form 4 transfer and refund your $200 tax money?
Would you want to do that and save $200 even though it means your can remains in jail for several more months? Is it worth it for you to waste $200 by taking possession of your silencer sooner rather than later and then transferring it from you as an individual owner to the trust you are creating ?

Nope. I have already waited 8 months to get this can, and don't really know how much longer it will be. Just have to suck it up on the $200 for my mistake.

Back
Top Bottom