• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Truth in Advertising - ODT ads

I really don't understand why it is considered unacceptable on this site to mention or post a comment to the effect that a particular ad is overpriced based on local retail prices or internet prices. I wouldn't mind this because

Seriously though. You cannot win here. List anything for a "fair price" and you get the crap lowballed out of you, Glock Gen4 $375, offers of $250 cash in hand today. List a Ruger Mark II 10" stainless for $375 get pummelled with PMs calling you an idiot for sailing too low.

Got to where I couldn't care less what ODT'rs "think" about pricing.

I really don't understand why it is considered unacceptable on this site to mention or post a comment to the effect that a particular ad is overpriced based on local retail prices or internet prices. I wouldn't mind this because I don't always find a particular item prices, although I usually sell used stuff. I have had a lot of stuff posted on this site and CL and it sold off CL pretty quick which makes me think I had priced it pretty fairly. I guess it would be acceptable to send someone a PM if you thought their item was overpriced, could you not?

I really think you would be doing a seller a favor if his item was overpriced and you told him so.

I guess the bottom line is that if it is overpriced, it won't sell. If it is underpriced, it will sell right quick providing someone wants what you have.

That’s me. Think if I had filled them with 22lr. There is no telling what I would have asked.
**** i had over 100+ ar mags for sale on here for $5 each a couple years ago and didnt cell sail sell a single Fin one!! Buncha cheap a-holes. Which was fine two weeks later took them to a gun show and sold to dealer for $6 each. Then i bet some of yall bought for $8 each!! Lol

I really don't understand why it is considered unacceptable on this site to mention or post a comment to the effect that a particular ad is overpriced based on local retail prices or internet prices. I wouldn't mind this because

Cause it'll hurt someone's feelings or offend them. Don't you know today's 'merica?

Back
Top Bottom