• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trying eat healthy!

MuleShoe

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
312   0
Reaction score
Fixed green beans with onions, salt, pepper, garlic powder , tablespoon vinegar and real butter. Zucchini squash and vidalla onions with lemon butter seasoning and tablespoon butter and lemon juice. Eye of round steak cooked in crockpot with can mushroom soup! Sugar has been between 85 and 125 last 3 days without using insulin!

Attachments

• 2400D243-3664-47CD-ABED-BD1D61F5B4F1.jpeg
    2400D243-3664-47CD-ABED-BD1D61F5B4F1.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 19
I applaud. Eating healthy is difficult and costly “In comparison“. I can’t do onions but, am all for the use of butter “in moderation”. I find cutting out the over use of vegetable oil and high fructose corn syrup the most difficult. They seem to be in everything.
You're damn sure right. Eating right gets expensive in a hurry. On top of that the fresh produce we like at my house goes bad so fast. I dig a big salad with all kinds of stuff in it. But by the time I buy all the stuff I like to go in it I'm at least $30.00 into it. Then I gotta go home cut it all up and make the salad. Next time I open the fridge at least half that stuff needs throwing out.

You're damn sure right. Eating right gets expensive in a hurry. On top of that the fresh produce we like at my house goes bad so fast. I dig a big salad with all kinds of stuff in it. But by the time I buy all the stuff I like to go in it I'm at least $30.00 into it. Then I gotta go home cut it all up and make the salad. Next time I open the fridge at least half that stuff needs throwing out.
I’ve never been a water drinker so, cutting out soft drinks high fructose corn syrup, especially tea “processed sugars was a difficult thing. Weeding out dressings and sauces that had what would be considered bad oils are another. They're in everything.

I’ve never been a water drinker so, cutting out soft drinks high fructose corn syrup, especially tea “processed sugars was a difficult thing. Weeding out dressings and sauces that had what would be considered bad oils are another. They're in everything.
Well at least I got one thing going for me aside from not smoking. I don't like soft drinks and I ain't big on sweets in general.

Well at least I got one thing going for me aside from not smoking. I don't like soft drinks and I ain't big on sweets in general.
Lucky you. I feel my life been spent on weeding out garbage. Smoking was done long ago but, eating habits I find are harder. I think I could start a pack a day and quit again, easier than going entirely food healthy. Ironically, the good stuff is what kills that wallet. When you can buy a soft drink cheaper than water, it’s a problem.

Lucky you. I feel my has life been spent on weeding out garbage. Smoking was done long ago but, eating habits I find are harder. I think I could start a pack a day and quit again, easier than going entirely food healthy. Ironically, the good stuff is what kills that wallet. When you can buy a soft drink cheaper than water, it’s a problem.
Yeah just think about the fast food places. And don't get me wrong I aint no Bloomberg supporter. But if you order a medium or large combo meal pretty much anywhere the damn cup is way bigger than will fit in most cup holders. Granted you won't get any more meat on your burger burrito etc. But that drink will be huge. And that's because it's the cheapest part of the combo. That's how they screw you.

Fixed green beans with onions, salt, pepper, garlic powder , tablespoon vinegar and real butter. Zucchini squash and vidalla onions with lemon butter seasoning and tablespoon butter and lemon juice. Eye of round steak cooked in crockpot with can mushroom soup! Sugar has been between 85 and 125 last 3 days without using insulin!
Looks good to me :hungry:

Back
Top Bottom