• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trying NOT to sound like a glass snob BUT.....

Runs With Knives

Default rank <500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Survivalist
47   0
Reaction score
... I'm having a real personal struggle. Lol, so here are the particulars. I have a Browning BBR in .270 that needs an optic. I have 4 available; a Bushnell ELITE Limited Edition 3-9×40, Nikon Monarch UCC 3-9×40, a Vortex Viper HS 4-16×44 & a Zeiss Daivari ZA 2.5-10×52. I know, 1st world problems right. Side note, I also have a Tikka T3 Lite in 6.5CM that needs an optic.

1. My shots are all withing 200 yds, typically less than 100 yes.

2. I'll use the Browning before the Tikka with which to hunt. Got the Tikka for a bucket list elk or caribou hunt.

3. I have mounts for any of the 4 choices for either rifle. Not a factor.

4. I currently do not have other rifles in need of optics nor do I feel the need in the near future to buy another rifle.

So... now that I sound like a complete snob, do any of you guys & gals have rifle & optic match suggestions given the choices. Thanks for your help in advance

I've heard good things about the Elite, but I haven't had long term good experience with Bushnell. For that reason I shy away from that brand. Nikon is a good scope for the money. While the optics are good, if you need to adjust windage and elevation much for a shot they're not reliable measurements. So if you can set zero and leave it, it's fine. The Zeiss is the best scope on this list.

I've heard good things about the Elite, but I haven't had long term good experience with Bushnell. For that reason I shy away from that brand. Nikon is a good scope for the money. While the optics are good, if you need to adjust windage and elevation much for a shot they're not reliable measurements. So if you can set zero and leave it, it's fine. The Zeiss is the best scope on this list.
That Bushnell came out of the L.O.G. factory in Japan. Equivalent to an Elite 3200 series. Very comparable in contrast, sharpness & practical light transmission as the Nikon just an every so slight bit heavier.

My M77 mkii .270 has a Bushnell firefly elite on it and has since before I bought the rifle about 12 years ago. It’s never lost 0 and it’s my main hunting rifle. I’ve drug that gun through hell and back dragging deer and knocking it over on hard floor’s and sitting in pouring rain. Never a problem. I’ve kicked around the idea of a new scope but since it works so well it’s hard to want to change it out. Just my 2 cents.

My M77 mkii .270 has a Bushnell firefly elite on it and has since before I bought the rifle about 12 years ago. It’s never lost 0 and it’s my main hunting rifle. I’ve drug that gun through hell and back dragging deer and knocking it over on hard floor’s and sitting in pouring rain. Never a problem. I’ve kicked around the idea of a new scope but since it works so well it’s hard to want to change it out. Just my 2 cents.
That's it, if it works for you don't fix it....

Back
Top Bottom