• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trying to help a friend to get rid of a gun collection

20% doesn't sound like much on $1k but on $25k it becomes quite a bit. Do a fair assessment and post on the Outdoor Trader and the Campfire.
Its going to take more time to list $25k than it does to list $1k worth of guns. Also taking the time to meet individuals is going to take someone's time. I cant imagine a widow wanting to deal with it. Just figure it would be easier to deal with someone local who will handle it and at a percentage they have incentive to get top dollar. As an FFL they can also handle all the paperwork and transfers.

20% doesn't sound like much on $1k but on $25k it becomes quite a bit. Do a fair assessment and post on the Outdoor Trader and the Campfire.
If there is a particular gun worth several thousand dollars or more then I would adjust that percentage. Like I don't need to make 2 grand selling a single $10,000 firearm.

But if it's 25k worth of guns valued from $300-$1500 each. Trust me, it's a ton of work and ain't nobody getting rich doing it a 20% (it's actually less than 15% when you subtract Gunbroker fees).

Not to mention a 25k collection can be sold at over blue book value in a weeks time on Gunbroker. You would spend months on ODT messaging, driving, meeting, getting stood up, low balled, and getting much less than blue book value.

I've done both. Glocks, basic AR's, polymer striker fired guns, stuff like that gets dumped on ODT. Anything older that isn't being produced anymore goes on Gunbroker auctions. No bickering, let the highest bidder take it.

I've seen winning auctions on Gunbroker that put the kind of offers people get on the ODT to shame. Here people will low ball you or offer junk trades hoping for the best or even screw you over by being a no show after they decide they don't need it at the price your selling it.

The action of bidding against others can get competetive, mix in alcohol and things can get crazy. Depending on the Gunbroker account, people will follow the auctions they list actively & considering they accept credit cards gives others to just "charge it" and buy as opposed to the few that have that kind of money to meet and purchase face to face.

Yep. It's a seller's market for sure. anything I have thats older or somewhat unique goes on Gunbroker. Put it in front of millions of buyers and let the highest bidder take it home.

I take all major credit cards or money order. I'm set up where buyers can pay with CC straight from Gunbrokers checkout system.

I could link the auctions here so ODT members can bid too, but most are probably only wanting to pay half what the guns will sell for :lol:
What’s your handle on GB?

Back
Top Bottom