• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trying to help a friend to get rid of a gun collection

I'm an FFL in Thomaston GA. I do consignment sales on Gunbroker all the time. I put in the effort to clean and take excellent pictures and description of the firearms to make sure they get top dollar. All the paperwork and shipping and everything gets handled by me. Just drop them off and in about 2-3 weeks I'll have you a check.

Consignment fee is 20%

Considering what GunBroker auctions go for these days this would be a good option. When gun's are clean with high quality pictures taken it really boosts the bidding.

What payment forms do you accept?

My wife has a friend whose husband recently passed away and I'm trying to help her in disposing of the collection. I'd hate to see her get beat up by a pawn shop selling it. She lives in Thomaston, do you have any ideas who might do it on a consignment basis?

I literally just did this for a friend's Father. He lived in Texas and moved to Japan to live with her family. He sent me like 47 firearms, plus optics and accessories. I sold about 3/4ths of it to TruPrep and sold the rest on my own in about a month.

I do NOT recommend auction houses because their fees are absurd. And any shop is going to charge 20% for consignment. I didn't do consignment because of time constraints, so TruPrep cut me a check.

I highly suggest contacting cmshoot cmshoot and giving him an inventory. Pictures help, or maybe he can meet with you. He made an inventory sheet, checked every firearm, catalogued serials and prices. Saved me a TON of time and made me a fair deal.

If you have the time, you can sell them yourself. I'd certainly like to know what he has.

My wife has a friend whose husband recently passed away and I'm trying to help her in disposing of the collection. I'd hate to see her get beat up by a pawn shop selling it. She lives in Thomaston, do you have any ideas who might do it on a consignment basis?

you pay a premium but a very wide audience.

Considering what GunBroker auctions go for these days this would be a good option. When gun's are clean with high quality pictures taken it really boosts the bidding.

What payment forms do you accept?
Yep. It's a seller's market for sure. anything I have thats older or somewhat unique goes on Gunbroker. Put it in front of millions of buyers and let the highest bidder take it home.

I take all major credit cards or money order. I'm set up where buyers can pay with CC straight from Gunbrokers checkout system.

I could link the auctions here so ODT members can bid too, but most are probably only wanting to pay half what the guns will sell for :lol:

Back
Top Bottom