• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trying to help a friend to get rid of a gun collection

My wife has a friend whose husband recently passed away and I'm trying to help her in disposing of the collection. I'd hate to see her get beat up by a pawn shop selling it. She lives in Thomaston, do you have any ideas who might do it on a consignment basis?
full blown firearms in Hampton.
or
look up values and decide what she wants for them, get a table at a gun show and sell them.
it works and you can make sure she does not get ripped off. i helped a friend a last year, and we got her fair value and moved everything....

My wife has a friend whose husband recently passed away and I'm trying to help her in disposing of the collection. I'd hate to see her get beat up by a pawn shop selling it. She lives in Thomaston, do you have any ideas who might do it on a consignment basis?
Well....You?!

I can hear them now. I'll reckon I'll give her $200 fer that Marlin 30-30 because that's all thems guns are worth
How I envision most of the "offers" made to the widow......
79oeez.gif

I have only dealt with Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert once but he was straight up easy to deal with and honest. Gunbroker sales are bringing good money these days. I would think that a well written ads with good pictures will bring more than you will be offered if sold as a lot. 20% sounds like a deal to not have to deal with individual buyers, listing, shipping, cleaning, taking photos etc to get a premium price.

20% doesn't sound like much on $1k but on $25k it becomes quite a bit. Do a fair assessment and post on the Outdoor Trader and the Campfire.

Back
Top Bottom