• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trying to stay calm.....

sloe_moe

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
So i've got a little less than a month before I get "paroled".... my wife calls me at 11:30am my time, (4am for everyone else) in a frantic. It seems that some a$$hole punk kid created one of those freebie voip phone numbers, registered it out of CA, tried calling my daughter, and since my daughter didn't answer her phone, this person called my wife and started telling her raunchy things about our daughter and was going to bring harm to her. You can imagine how freaked out she was and how helpless i felt being so far from home right now. I can only think that it's some idiot from school, or some boy that wants to prove his manhood by threatening my family. I tried reversing the phone number, it's not registered, but it's out of CA. I'm gonna try to set myself up a number and call this person. That's the only way that I can try to figure out who this person is. I don't know if verizon can tell me what IP it came from or not..... but i'm on a mission, as much as i can do from here..... but this just sucks

Cops can trace these calls easily enough, they just need PC for a warrant to serve the VOIP company. Of course if the kid is smart he's probably is hiding his (?) IP behind a Tor router so that could be a dead end.

Probably better to sit down with your daughter and try and figure it out that way. Who would know the right things to say to push those buttons? Who would want to cause her harm? If someone went to all that trouble I'd take it seriously. If this involves school you might want to get them involved, especially if threats are involved.

Cops can trace these calls easily enough, they just need PC for a warrant to serve the VOIP company. Of course if the kid is smart he's probably is hiding his (?) IP behind a Tor router so that could be a dead end.

Probably better to sit down with your daughter and try and figure it out that way. Who would know the right things to say to push those buttons? Who would want to cause her harm? If someone went to all that trouble I'd take it seriously. If this involves school you might want to get them involved, especially if threats are involved.

probably a good chance against this at least

Back
Top Bottom