• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trying to stay calm.....

I would first notify the police in case the prep ends up dead on the porch.
I would change the daughter's number and slowly let the people who need it have it and see when it happens again.
I would also review when she might be most vulnerable and correct what you can.
I hope you get this resolved.

latest update.... wife called verizon and they are investigating, as well as the cops that showed up to the house to take my wife's statement. Daughter doesn't have any social media sites as she's not allowed to have that stuff. I just hope that they catch the little sob that pulled this nonsense. Wife is still freaked out a little bit about it.... but that's all i got for now.

latest update.... wife called verizon and they are investigating, as well as the cops that showed up to the house to take my wife's statement. Daughter doesn't have any social media sites as she's not allowed to have that stuff. I just hope that they catch the little sob that pulled this nonsense. Wife is still freaked out a little bit about it.... but that's all i got for now.

There is all types of social media. My daughter had her issue on Google chat forums she was not allowed to have. My wife is an IT expert and found everything on the laptop, desk top, tablet and cell phone. She also located the guy, his chats, emails, social media sites, Ebay user name and email, his actual address in Florida, where he worked. Basically did all of the detective work for the detectives. He is in prison right now.

Thanks for your service sloemoe. Hope they catch the creep. Have your wife talk to daughter again. She may be on social media that is is designed to keep parents in the dark...I.e. "Snapchat"

Thanks for your service sloemoe. Hope they catch the creep. Have your wife talk to daughter again. She may be on social media that is is designed to keep parents in the dark...I.e. "Snapchat"
you are most welcome Lionheart! it is my pleasure to serve and thank you for the kind words. We keep our daughter away from the media sites... she has no fb, no snap chat, and we only allow her to chat with certain ppl. I too hope that they catch whomever did this to my family.. feel pretty helpless

Cops can trace these calls easily enough, they just need PC for a warrant to serve the VOIP company.
That's not entirely true...speaking as a VoIP engineer I have some experience spoofing numbers and they "might" be able to get as far as the geographic location of the VoIP switch or server but the right tools will make identifying a physical address or person impossible.

That's not entirely true...speaking as a VoIP engineer I have some experience spoofing numbers and they "might" be able to get as far as the geographic location of the VoIP switch or server but the right tools will make identifying a physical address or person impossible.
so will that number (that is not registered to CA) leave a "paper trail" as for as the IP address goes? I know that the person called from the warner robins area, and there aren't too many internet providers in our area.

so will that number (that is not registered to CA) leave a "paper trail" as for as the IP address goes? I know that the person called from the warner robins area, and there aren't too many internet providers in our area.
A VoIP call can originate in any part of the world and a local number can be spoofed. We have a fraud department that deals with this type of thing.

Most likely what happened in your case is some asshat bought a magic jack as wal-mart and used their own home internet and that can be kind of traced....if you send me the number that called by PM I might be able to tell you something about it.

Back
Top Bottom