• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TSA Efficiency - Man brings a pistol through the ATL checkpoints and on to Japan

If you've been working for a while and can't make it a month or three without a paycheck, you need a financial advisor... or a better job.

The point of discussion isn't whether people are doing without or getting by fine. Its whether or not they are "working for free".

The point of discussion isn't whether people are doing without or getting by fine. Its whether or not they are "working for free".
If they are going to get full pay when the "shutdown" ends, then they are NOT working for free!
When I first started working I had a job that I started in the middle of a pay period and it was three weeks before I got my first check. I was not working for free either.

I flew last week. I thanked the TSA agents for coming to work!

When I thanked the nice young female agent in Orlando her older co-worker dogged her out because apparently she had been laying out of work all week and this was her first day back. She rode her hard. It was pretty funny.

Had to be there, I guess...

If they are going to get full pay when the "shutdown" ends, then they are NOT working for free!
When I first started working I had a job that I started in the middle of a pay period and it was three weeks before I got my first check. I was not working for free either.

I understand the entire concept of "working in the hole", only getting paid once a month, etc but those are all situations where the employee fully understand or should fully understand the pay schedule and when they are getting paid. I just feel as though the difference is these people dont know when they are getting paid. So maybe technically they aren't working for free, but being asked to work when you aren't sure when you're getting paid is working for free in my book and I know most people probably feel that way as well.

I understand the entire concept of "working in the hole", only getting paid once a month, etc but those are all situations where the employee fully understand or should fully understand the pay schedule and when they are getting paid. I just feel as though the difference is these people dont know when they are getting paid. So maybe technically they aren't working for free, but being asked to work when you aren't sure when you're getting paid is working for free in my book and I know most people probably feel that way as well.

Guess we've just got different viewpoints. :)

Back
Top Bottom