• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TSS turkey loads

I'm using a 3" 20 gauge (Franchi Affinity 3 w/ Holosun 507C X2) shooting 1 5/8 oz load of #9's. I shoot a full, but not an extra full turkey choke. My constriction is .582.

Just switched to TSS and 20 gauge last year. I'd always used 3.5" 12 gauge with Hevi shot for the previous 20 years running extra full turkey chokes. The TSS in 20 is WAY more devastating than lead or hevi in 12. Plus the gun ways almost half of my 12 gauge pump I used for turkeys. Started rolling my own TSS this year.
What you figure cost to load them

I'm not sure of his cost but my cost is roughly $7 a shell for 12ga, the 20ga is about $6. There is a guy who sells everything you need except for the roll crimp tool and gun powder for $140, it'll be enough for 15 shells.
I was at chucks last week I always used the hevi 13 heavy shot #6 and I’m down to last box,I just thought they were expensive .he said they longer make them,now it’s the tss the ones they had were $72 for 5 wholly hell

I was at chucks last week I always used the hevi 13 heavy shot #6 and I’m down to last box,I just thought they were expensive .he said they longer make them,now it’s the tss the ones they had were $72 for 5 wholly hell
What brand were they? That's absurd for 5 shells...

I might have some 12 gauge 3.5” in that flavor. I can check later on.

Back
Top Bottom